Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Let's talk Ferrari

From 4th and 5th to 9th and 10th behind the Williams of Albon, says they are still in the rut. They have always been in a situation where the car is better than the operational performance of the Ferrari team on race day. Over the last four years, they have been making the same strategic mistakes over and over again.

They clearly have two drivers capable of winning championships given the right car which the Ferrari is becoming. But the team is not yet in the mindset of a championship-winning operation. It must be very frustrating for Leclerc and Sainz.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I kind of feel Leclerc is now primed to jump ship if a good opportunity opens up to him. His confidence in the team seems to be completely lost. Sainz is not happy either.

What do you think?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I cannot understand why they can't find consistency. Their legendary name is probably putting too much pressure on people to achieve results.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

There have been lots of rumors of Lecclerc jumping ship to Audi. I wonder if this is true. By the way, there have also been rumors of him replacing Perez which l find hard to believe. Anyone heard anything????
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 11th August 2023 at 19:53.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    There have been lots of rumors of Lecclerc jumping ship to Audi. I wonder if this is true. By the way, there have also been rumors of him replacing Perez which l find hard to believe. Anyone heard anything????
    As always, there are unlikely rumors that tend to float around this time of year, especially when a talented driver is (obviously) unhappy with his team. But given Leclerc’s tenacity, I can’t see Max “allowing” Charles into Red Bull without him (and of course, Papa Verstappen) throwing a massive hissy fit. But as for myself, yeah, I’d love to see Charles get in a competitive and consistent team.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Bravo Ferrari!

Carlos Sainz demonstrated incredible on-track strategic thinking. How he used Lando to put a barrier between himself and the rapid Mercedes, shows this guy is ready to contest for championships, given a championship-winning car. I think Leclerc now realizes that he has a teammate on par with him, probably with a little edge ahead this season.

Imagine Sainz in the Redbull, he would have been mighty. Here is Ferrari suddenly with two drivers capable of winning championships. I am really beginning to like Fred Vasseur. His effect on the team is beginning to materialize.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th September 2023 at 19:07.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: Bagwan (19th September 2023),pino (19th September 2023)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bravo Ferrari!

Carlos Sainz demonstrated incredible on-track strategic thinking. How he used Lando to put a barrier between himself and the rapid Mercedes, shows this guy is ready to contest for championships, given a championship-winning car. I think Leclerc now realizes that he has a teammate on par with him, probably with a little edge ahead this season.

Imagine Sainz in the Redbull, he would have been mighty. Here is Ferrari suddenly with two drivers capable of winning championships. I am really beginning to like Fred Vasseur. His effect on the team is beginning to materialize.
    I always felt that Sainz had the edge over Verstappen as well. They were both evenly matched as teammates but I’d chose Sainz over Max any day in my team.

9. Likes: Bagwan (19th September 2023)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Saint was quick thinking when the pressure was on, and made the call to be informed of the time delta to Lando every lap. It probably saved him a race. As for winning, we all know a number of them can do it when they have the right car underneath them, and Ferrari finally found some pace, along with RB lack of, and made it happen.

It was interesting to me that Charles never whined at all about his tail gunner role, hopefully he realized that the win would be worth it.