Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Good race. I guess it is obvious this is Max's championship to lose.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    I actually enjoyed the sprint race (mainly because it was wet and there was action). The main race was interesting also. A lot of action and battles going on up and down the grid to keep you engaged.

Just need the everybody to catch up to Red Bull.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about how unfair it is to have to stay between the lines , and how they feel it makes F1 look amateur .
    Some drivers stayed in bounds all day .

It also feels a bit "icky" to hear them ratting each other out .
    I suppose they must , though , if they are seeing breaches that the stewards are not .
    The whining(not mentioning any names here) sounds really amateur .

Perhaps some sort of new track sensors or new overhead corner cameras could make white line policing easier for all involved .

If they can't keep up with the track limits violations, they should change either the track or put more resources on it. As for the drivers whining, let them whine. The best in the world should be able to avoid penalties, and most of them did. It's when they get away with it over and over that it becomes a problem. I'm also not a fan of allowing it on certain corners yet policing other corners. Though the argument is that there is no advantage gained in certain areas, if that was the case the drivers wouldn't frequently be there.

Apparently Alonso commented on being within 10 seconds of Sainz, so it appears that he knew further penalties would be incoming. Smart move, stay behind, don't push your luck, stay within that margin, and make sure the team follows up.

Overall the race was more interesting than I was expecting, mainly due to the strategy calls and the track limits penalties. But there was some good racing to be had as well. Good to see Ferrari make some progress, and fantastic to see Lando up in the top 4 in the McLaren. I think Merc will be back up there with AMR and Ferrari more often through the season, and if McLaren can continue to do well it should make for some good racing.