Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Just a technical note for those born in the previous millennium:
    Nobody needs TV channels as platform for showing or watching free broadcasts.
    Maybe you will be surprised, but it is not completely true...

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    During the weekend there were a lot of talks about the lack of show of WRC and the lack of visibility of the WRC, more than any other event.
    The driver that gives show on a super-special and that receives the loudest aplause from the 10.000 fans present in the circuit receives a time penalty for that and loses the rally because of the penalty.
    Were you questioning why the WRC is going down? There is one of the answers.

The ones that say that the Solberg manouver was dangerous, are obvious talking about something that they have no ideia what it is.

10.000 spectatores said "Thank you Oliver", and 3 stewards said "you're wrong and we will give you one minute penalty".

This is... i prefer no write it.
    Three gears are enough!

3. Likes: Andre Oliveira (15th May 2023),cali (15th May 2023),Eli (15th May 2023),Jarek Z (15th May 2023),Jewy46 (15th May 2023),pettersolberg29 (18th May 2023),Rallyper (15th May 2023),satnav (15th May 2023),the sniper (15th May 2023)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Everyone thought when we went from Group B to Group A it would be the end of rallying, and guess what….it was fantastic. If everyone is in WRC2 cars, they won’t seem slow because you won’t be comparing them to anything faster..it’s not complicated.
    It’s pointless having amazing cars if there are only 8 of them and half of them don’t finish.
    Spot-on. Everyone remembers the wonderful GrB cars, but look at the results : It is often 4-5 Gr.B cars and then GrpA cars 1/2h if not more in arrears ... Sound familiar ? Neuville had to cruise on sunday yet salvaged his 5th place finish by miles, so far were the WRC2 cars behind.

A full WRC2 championship would result in 20+ cars at the forefront, same as the 90's GpA "golden age". Of course manu teams would always be atop, with better drivers and better prep, but there would'nt be an ocean between the 10 manu cars and the rest of the field. Every error would be paid cash - you're out of the top 10. Not to mention that once in a while some youngster/privateer could work some heroics ...(e.g .Gianfranco Cunico-like)

I would myself be way more interested. Been also a massive rally fan since the early 70s , yet I struggle to keep my attention these days with the short events and results decided by mid-saturday ...

5. Likes: cali (15th May 2023),Corcaíoch (15th May 2023),doubled1978 (15th May 2023),Jarek Z (15th May 2023),Katvala (15th May 2023),Rallyper (15th May 2023)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    10.000 spectatores said "Thank you Oliver", and 3 stewards said "you're wrong and we will give you one minute penalty".
    Who, when and why banned donuts? Does anybody remember?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD0bee9Tl0Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfIASueE1g
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 15th May 2023 at 13:20.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

7. Likes: J4MIE (15th May 2023)
    Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ElzFGkBlY7Q
    Didnt't Ogier recive a financial penalty for that last year?

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    Spot-on. Everyone remembers the wonderful GrB cars, but look at the results : It is often 4-5 Gr.B cars and then GrpA cars 1/2h if not more in arrears ... Sound familiar ? Neuville had to cruise on sunday yet salvaged his 5th place finish by miles, so far were the WRC2 cars behind.

A full WRC2 championship would result in 20+ cars at the forefront, same as the 90's GpA "golden age". Of course manu teams would always be atop, with better drivers and better prep, but there would'nt be an ocean between the 10 manu cars and the rest of the field. Every error would be paid cash - you're out of the top 10. Not to mention that once in a while some youngster/privateer could work some heroics ...(e.g .Gianfranco Cunico-like)

I would myself be way more interested. Been also a massive rally fan since the early 70s , yet I struggle to keep my attention these days with the short events and results decided by mid-saturday ...
    Exactly, you see it. That’s a championship I would much rather watch.
    You’re right that the manufacture teams would win mostly but there is always the opportunity for a well driven privateer to do something special.
    From the manufacture side there is a business case as are all set up for customer activities already and they just run much cheaper cars as a factory effort. The financial barrier to entry is much lower for new manufactures looking to come in. There could of course be a championship within for privateers that would essentially be what WRC2 is today, but using the same cars as the factory teams so special results possible.
    Lack of Hybrid might be a negative for factories, but this message is not coming across at all in WRC, I think they would be better off shouting about the carbon neutral fuels that might keep performance IC engine cars on sale in the future.
    I hope that the people in charge see sense and look at something along these lines as I fear that WRC is set for a very lean period if not.

10. Likes: skarderud (15th May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by ictus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ElzFGkBlY7Q
    Didnt't Ogier recive a financial penalty for that last year?
    Yes he did.

But FIA changed the rules this year, now organizers must include on the suplementary regulations this:

"Exhibition driving ("doughnuts“) is strictly forbidden everywhere due to lack of suitable place. All
    infringements will be penalised with a minimum of a 5-minute time penalty, applied by the Stewards"

This year this sentence is in all the suplementary regulations, except Monte Carlo (released before the FIA Council) and Safari (Dont know why but i guess...)
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Yes he did.

But FIA changed the rules this year, now organizers must include on the suplementary regulations this:

"Exhibition driving ("doughnuts“) is strictly forbidden everywhere due to lack of suitable place. All
    infringements will be penalised with a minimum of a 5-minute time penalty, applied by the Stewards"

This year this sentence is in all the suplementary regulations, except Monte Carlo (released before the FIA Council) and Safari (Dont know why but i guess...)
    You’re not seriously suggesting that the Safari organisers don’t know what they’re doing?
    /sarcasm
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

13. Likes: dimviii (15th May 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    During the weekend there were a lot of talks about the lack of show of WRC and the lack of visibility of the WRC, more than any other event.
    The driver that gives show on a super-special and that receives the loudest aplause from the 10.000 fans present in the circuit receives a time penalty for that and loses the rally because of the penalty.
    Were you questioning why the WRC is going down? There is one of the answers.

The ones that say that the Solberg manouver was dangerous, are obvious talking about something that they have no ideia what it is.

This is... i prefer no write it.
    So why do you think the rule was introduced?

And why do you think they chose not to give him a 5 minute penalty?

Do you just watch WRC to see donuts on super specials?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    You’re not seriously suggesting that the Safari organisers don’t know what they’re doing?
    /sarcasm
    No, i'm suggesting that they don't want to avoid some sliding on the roundabouts as they had in 2021 and 2022. Kenyans loved it.
    Three gears are enough!