Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Radio frequencies of WRC teams?

Is there anyone who knows the radio frequencies of the rally teams in WRC? I want to listen the pure teams radio traffic in Greece.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    haha no, but that would be awesome.
    Im gonna buy a high tech walkie talkie so I can also talk to the driver while he driving.
    Or maybe buy a portable radio tower with one million antennas, driving around the world on rallies and interviewing them while they driving a stage.

forgot, have to complement with something like http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1...ain_1425-s.jpg on wheels so I know when the cars comming.
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Team's radio frequency are not the same for each rally, depending on planes they use as relay and local rights...
    Thierry
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good question! Not 100% sure for Greece. But I will PM you with a frequency to try and let me know how you get on.

Teams and Rally organisers don't usually make this info common knollage as you get some poeple attempting to do silly things and talk to the driver etc!!

Have a look at http://www.subaru-msm.com/global/fea...erSWRT/89.html

Also - mind what you do with your scanner, had a little scare with the local police in Greece last year with a scanner on the seat - lucky for a couple of WRC event docs with me and some quick talking!!!

flip

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    ahhh should have one when in NZ.... but gotta be careful! because once the team/drivers know your listening they will change stations!!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    ahhh should have one when in NZ.... but gotta be careful! because once the team/drivers know your listening they will change stations!!

they can't change frequency, as they are alloctaed frequency in each country.

They have always listened in to each other, and other listened to them.

that's what happens with radio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even if do know the frequency most likely it's encrypted.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The traffic between car and team is not encrypted... but it used more less now.. guess they use cell phones more.. They send data burts down to the car to show split times.. they can sound a bit strange..

In Sweden they are around 163-165 Mhz and 460-462 Mhz.. search around there.. and at service some use regular PMR/LPD radios...