Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I guess now we wait to find out if Kalle has the motivation to continue next year, and to what extent.
    Maybe Ogier has not enough motivation?

Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Same here. Sounds like completely made up wishful thinking.

Even Ogier, who is inside the team, said yesterday that there's probably more championships to come for Kalle.

Kalle looks to me like an individual programmed to be a rally driver for long years. I'd be stunned seeing him anywhere else than full WRC season in the next 10 years.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    They must do something for Sundays, its so boring, as for the rally i think that they must find other stages not like this with straights and junctions.I'm happy for Kale and for his futher ( didnt see him at the finish ) maybe with some luck he could break Loebs record.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

4. Likes: PLuto (30th October 2023),Rallyper (30th October 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Shaitan View Post
    Same here. Sounds like completely made up wishful thinking.

Even Ogier, who is inside the team, said yesterday that there's probably more championships to come for Kalle.

Kalle looks to me like an individual programmed to be a rally driver for long years. I'd be stunned seeing him anywhere else than full WRC season in the next 10 years.
    i dont actually see Kalle going for such a long time. He has been doing this since 4 years old basically, he is just 23 and already has 2 titles and for me he doesnt seem to be a guy who cares to beat Loebs or Ogiers numbers.

I personally can see him doing it until he is 30 years old MAX, maybe longer if he has some breaks between. Even if he retires at 30 he and wins all the titles by then, he would have 9 titles
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    I have to ask again, on what basis are you doubting his motivation? I don't see it written or reported anywhere else.
    Dirtfish jumpes on any opportunity to claim the he will be gone full time drifting soon. All BS I think.

Similar stuff is (was about two years ago) going on about Verstappen in F1.

Guess that's what happenes when everybody is desperate to manufacturer some news about the current in vouge driver.

7. Likes: ouvreur (30th October 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Jesus, he is a 23 year old young man and you are saying he has no motivation??

He is the best rally driver right now, he is so young, and he earns millions. This is enough.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    I just think that he’s more likely to step back from full time earlier rather than later.

He has made a lot of money, and would like to do new things. Just because he was born in to this, doesn’t mean he wants to do it forever. He has nothing to prove.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    I just think that he’s more likely to step back from full time earlier rather than later.

He has made a lot of money, and would like to do new things. Just because he was born in to this, doesn’t mean he wants to do it forever. He has nothing to prove.
    No, he hasn't earned lot of money but he will start earn a lot of money next year, as the 2 times World Champion. Until now he has been paying back to mr. Timo Jouhki, around 50% of his earnings.

11. Likes: cali (1st November 2023),linni (30th October 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts

I feel like, with respect, this is you imagining what you would do in his shoes. Your assertion that he has made money and would like to do new things has zero basis in fact.

For all we know, he is just as likely to be desperate to smash Loeb's title record as he is to just go drifting for the rest of his life - that is to say, we don't know, he hasn't stated either way.

Speculating on what's going inside his head is pretty foolish. Let's just enjoy what he's able to do with a rally car steering wheel in his hands for as long as we can.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Rally1 must be boring like hell when after getting title done there are few comments about it but the main topic is how "legit" is the "world champion" title for WRC2 category

We can heat it up more - how legit for average spectator are WRC2 win, when there is faster guy in the same car and gets RC2 win?
    Well Kalle titel was not a big surprise for anyone here,. There woyld have been more fuz when he went of and Evans took the win i guess.

It got clear in the last races ho would win the title, so tension was already gone..

Lets hope that we get a big battle for the title again next year. Neuville whit a more trouble free season, Tanak up there to, and hope Evans gets in the mix also!