Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    There's no need for the recent hammering of Loubet. As they pointed out on commentary the other day, Loubet also brings funding for his M-Sport drive.
    Yes, I know what you mean. Maybe we shouldn't kick a man when he is down, but he has less points than Solberg, who drives a Rally2 car...
    https://www.wrc.com/result-and-stand...nt&eventId=364
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Ah back in the day there was speculation that Loeb would do this or that and wasn't motivated to continue in the WRC. In the end he couldn't keep away from it for long.

I suspect it will be similar with Rovanperä. If he stops one day to chase something else, we might see him back part time because rallying is the ultimate challenge to those drivers.

3. Likes: EstWRC (30th October 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean. Maybe we shouldn't kick a man when he is down, but he has less points than Solberg, who drives a Rally2 car...
    https://www.wrc.com/result-and-stand...nt&eventId=364
    As I was pointing it out before:
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Loubet...

last year championship overall he was 13th, 2 points behind Solberg.

this year he is currently 11th, and again behind Solberg.. who is not doing full-season and doing it with Rally2 car.
    I don't kick him - just pure facts that Solberg outscored him. I would like to see any competitor taking part, the more cars the more interesting it is.

And as he pays/has sponsored his drive, he has people to believe in him.

Personally I feel sorry for every mistake, crash or fail I see - there is huge amount of resource wasted or lost. There are only few guys in the world who has this opportunity, it's a shame when they don't make their dream work.

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (31st October 2023)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    *Subject to FIA confirmation.
    Promoter and media are always forced to put this to their articles/posts until FIA officially approve it.

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sti123 View Post
    No, he hasn't earned lot of money but he will start earn a lot of money next year, as the 2 times World Champion. Until now he has been paying back to mr. Timo Jouhki, around 50% of his earnings.
    50 %? very high part.

I thought was his father's network a big part of his development and find support.

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Dirtfish jumpes on any opportunity to claim the he will be gone full time drifting soon. All BS I think.

Similar stuff is (was about two years ago) going on about Verstappen in F1.

Guess that's what happenes when everybody is desperate to manufacturer some news about the current in vouge driver.
    Difference with Verstappen is that he has said himself that he probably won’t be around in F1 for ever. He has clearly stated that he want’s to go and do other things, WEC (Le Mans) and other stuff that won’t impose so much on his time. F1 will soon be 24 races which is a huge toll on the guys with the travelling they do, WEC is 8/9 races with a bit of testing. He’s already done 9 full seasons in F1 and is still only 26. Let’s see with Kalle, I can understand if he decides to try other things, as success has come so young, it’s normal that perhaps he is thinking about trying new stuff as he has lots of time to do so. I don’t know is he has any interest in circuit racing, but I’m sure he could get a test in the Hypercar if he wanted to, or the Super GT car. He could probably go and do Dakar, all by staying employed with Toyota.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (30th October 2023),EstWRC (30th October 2023),seb_sh (30th October 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: Mirek (30th October 2023)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRe3yifnEI

This one is nice and it's even in 4K.

Watch the moment of Von Thurn und Taxis at 1:42 when a broken rim cuts a brake pipe and it immediately starts to burn!
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: EstWRC (30th October 2023),Jeppe (31st October 2023)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: dimviii (31st October 2023),EstWRC (31st October 2023),Jeppe (31st October 2023)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I liked the stages a lot, number of spectators was nice, but was very clear that first event to carry out by 3 different countries was lacking a lot from organizational side. Sometimes it was hard to keep up with documents when you had original document, then changes to this, then changes to changes and finally changes to changed changes :P From marshals point of view there was also clear lack of info given to them or lack of training/experience. I had to fight a lot for my meteo crews to get to the stages and do their job. In Czech, all worked quite well, in Austria, we had some problems, but we managed to solve these, in Germany.. complete nightmare!!! There were some strange rules that have never been in anywhere... and finally, they didn't follow their own rules and instructions: P That disappointed me a lot, because Germany was the only country that has recently run WRC rally. But in general, event was nice and I hope organizers visit some others rallies and learn how to make/run everything more smoothly and then this event has potential to become a really great event!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

17. Likes: cali (1st November 2023),EstWRC (31st October 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (31st October 2023),focus206 (30th October 2023),Jeppe (31st October 2023),Mirek (30th October 2023),satnav (31st October 2023),seb_sh (30th October 2023),sti123 (31st October 2023)