Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Calm morning even on this forum...
    Stages today seems not be as demanding one would like to.
    Network at the stages typically don’t work, except currently here at Otepää it’s working even though lot of people next to big jump. By the way parking is organized very well in Rally Estonia, you can park really close to stages and parking is included in rally pass (4 days 85 euros). However there were very few cars at overnight parking last night, propably due to good parking space and less than 50 km from Tartu.

Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Everyone go and watch what they are interested in. If you are interested in local championship, you watch them, if you are not, you don't. Simple as that and nothing bad in it.
    Too simple answer. At the days the competition was harder, there was huge interest to spectate.
    Nowadays only money talks, few can afford, and this has lead to the almost zero interest to local competitions.

3. Likes: skarderud (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    This sound-delay when streaming by chromecast is driving me nuts. Used to be able to cure it by stopping and reststarting the stream but that doesn't seem to work now. Any tips?

Will have to watch on ipad instead i think but i'd rather have it on the big screen.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    This sound-delay when streaming by chromecast is driving me nuts. Used to be able to cure it by stopping and reststarting the stream but that doesn't seem to work now. Any tips?

Will have to watch on ipad instead i think but i'd rather have it on the big screen.
    It might have some lag but if you’re using your iPad, try airplaying it to the big screen.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

6. Likes: RS (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    Too simple answer. At the days the competition was harder, there was huge interest to spectate.
    Nowadays only money talks, few can afford, and this has lead to the almost zero interest to local competitions.
    IMO it doesnt have anything to do with no interest in the local competitors, but rather a matter of trying to see as much as possible. There are only 4x2 stages/day so if you want to see the WRC cars more than twice you don't have time to watch all cars (except for your last stage of the day).
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    Yeah, we need local heroes, and todays ruleset don't alow that.
    Its way to expensive, and even the most talented drivers can't get a seat in the topclass. If a Rally2 based WRCampionship comes next, the manuteams will aleays have the edge, but it will always be some local heroes to shake things up in all 3 classes and make this way more interessting.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

9. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd July 2023),linni (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 146 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Yeah, we need local heroes, and todays ruleset don't alow that.
    Its way to expensive, and even the most talented drivers can't get a seat in the topclass. If a Rally2 based WRCampionship comes next, the manuteams will aleays have the edge, but it will always be some local heroes to shake things up in all 3 classes and make this way more interessting.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Spot on!

With that goes the local money and generation of local publicity.

And I could add that the visual spectacle of a Rally1 is so much more exciting that it c
    kind of underplays well-driven Rally2, Rally3 and Rally4 entries.

11. Likes: skarderud (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    He did make it on the podium here a couple of years ago, no? It’s in Finland where we usually see him 6th/7th (apart from 2013).
    In any case, glad at least he’s fighting for the top spot.
    People seem to forget what Neuville did when we had Rally Poland. Always wondered why he’s so slow here. Good to see that he is back. But I still think he struggles in Finland.

13. Likes: becher (22nd July 2023),meh (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    People seem to forget what Neuville did when we had Rally Poland. Always wondered why he’s so slow here. Good to see that he is back. But I still think he struggles in Finland.
    True, he even won there back in ‘17, if he’ll manage to get out of his head and do it here & in Finland it will be great.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

15. Likes: becher (22nd July 2023)
    Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
    Heavy rain on Elva stage atm.

17. Likes: 240RS (22nd July 2023)