Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Some years ago a friend told me that DR being promoted to WRC TV Rights owner would be the end of WRC, after that he had entered in BAR team as a prize given by mr F1 BE. After that the Prodrive with a place in F1 was another prize given by Mr F1. All to slow down the WRC that at the end of 90's was very popular and could threat the F1 image of top world motorsport.

Mr BE don't like DR, but businesse are bussiness, and a enemy could be a good friend to help protecting BE bigger business: the F1.

At that time i tought it was a stupid idea, but yesterday my friend remember me this theory... and it starts to make sense. I don't see one only big measure in the last years that was really good to WRC. Things are falling and when they need work and efforts, iSC cuts the services to the bigger audiences . the ones that are around the world on the internet. DR don't have a executive place on WRC comission, but there are a lot of ways of make things a mess.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    losing the splits would be good.

The main customer is the teams (no use to organisers) and without them the drivers would have to drive cars and not worry about the other competitors.

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    The splits will not go away. If they are not official, just send someone mid stage with a radio/cell phone, a cronograph and give times to the team and so on.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gordon Gecko is alive and well in the WRC!

The only thing I'd pay money to see, would be live on-board footage of whatever car I chose to view.
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    losing the splits would be good.

The main customer is the teams (no use to organisers) and without them the drivers would have to drive cars and not worry about the other competitors.
    You' re right. I agree your point of vue...
    vive le bleine, le Corobin ... et vive Kemmelberg

www.gaetanhoussin.com
    http://nordrallyesimages.over-blog.com

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    The splits will not go away. If they are not official, just send someone mid stage with a radio/cell phone, a cronograph and give times to the team and so on.
    That was the old way of working. Comparing to the past they only will replace the big posters in the midle of the stages by sms sent to the cars

Of course this means more people to the teams and more costs to them, but what has ISC to do with it? They are saving money and that's the only importante thing!

Splits are not only to the team, splits are to all the media and spectators that are not on stages. Spilts are a way of see more action on rallying. In a 20 stages rallye you have 20 moments of emotion, that is the end of the 20 stages. Withs splits you have emotion all the time.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    According to a report in today's Motorsport News, ISC are unwilling to spend any more time or effort on WRC as their ownership of the commercial rights ends in 2010. So it could get worse for the next 3 years....

I guess this means they are not interested in renewing, either that or they will aim for an early and cheap renewal to get things back on track.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    According to a report in today's Motorsport News, ISC are unwilling to spend any more time or effort on WRC as their ownership of the commercial rights ends in 2010. So it could get worse for the next 3 years....

I guess this means they are not interested in renewing, either that or they will aim for an early and cheap renewal to get things back on track.

Mr. Richards gets the Mr. Swell Guy Award of the Year.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Who cares?????????????????????

Who cares about splits? Not me? Give me a proper explanation of why splits make rallying better and I'll change my tune. Rallying back in the 60's and 70's didn't have splits. Was it less boring then?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

I care!!! Is nice if you can see online what is going on within an SS. Is more interesting than wait from the final stage time.

I payed once for WRC+ (just for one rally) and I wasn't impressed at all. I wouldn't pay for it again. Was too slow also. If a better service was offered I wouldn't have problem to pay for it.
    FIAT ABARTH SQUADRA CORSE

TO FINISH FIRST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH