Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Candidates... hmmm

Duval maybe?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What happen with the Munchi boys when they was not in Portugal ? they can still run as MT ? or was that a Force Majure situation ?

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MHjerpe
    What happen with the Munchi boys when they was not in Portugal ? they can still run as MT ? or was that a Force Majure situation ?
    They do Germany now as substitute for portugal.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    I can see the logic behind the FIA's decision.

They do not want drivers & teams to make commitments that they can not honour. It makes a sham of proceedings, such as Carlssons 'retirement' after the Ceremonial Start.

It is a fine line, Carlsson obviously thought he could find the backing to match his commitment. What the FIA would prefer is that drivers with partial backing only apply to enter events that they have firm backing for. Yet as we all know that is not always possible. Promises of money dry up & options close up due to unforeseen circumstances. It is a harsh penalty but it is not totally unreasonable.

The Abu Dhabi WRC rally team was a very close & near run thing. It could even get up & running for 2008. Yet if they used the funding they already had in place, they might have been able to start the season. But the intention was to compete in all 16 rounds, had they failed to secure funding for the later rounds in the season, it would make the WRC & the team look bad. Thus they withdrew from 2007 & will concentrate on a full 2008 campaign.

In the end, if Carlsson only had enough funding for 4 rounds then he should have only committed to four. If extra funding then became available, he could maybe extend the deal or shifted to another paydrive.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    I can see the logic behind the FIA's decision.

They do not want drivers & teams to make commitments that they can not honour. It makes a sham of proceedings, such as Carlssons 'retirement' after the Ceremonial Start.

It is a fine line, Carlsson obviously thought he could find the backing to match his commitment. What the FIA would prefer is that drivers with partial backing only apply to enter events that they have firm backing for. Yet as we all know that is not always possible. Promises of money dry up & options close up due to unforeseen circumstances. It is a harsh penalty but it is not totally unreasonable.

The Abu Dhabi WRC rally team was a very close & near run thing. It could even get up & running for 2008. Yet if they used the funding they already had in place, they might have been able to start the season. But the intention was to compete in all 16 rounds, had they failed to secure funding for the later rounds in the season, it would make the WRC & the team look bad. Thus they withdrew from 2007 & will concentrate on a full 2008 campaign.

In the end, if Carlsson only had enough funding for 4 rounds then he should have only committed to four. If extra funding then became available, he could maybe extend the deal or shifted to another paydrive.

Wise words!
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Did Carlson made a commitement because Kronos needed a driver committed with at least some rallyes? The Team had (and has) to find a second driver to honour his commitement.

Is interesting that drivers and teams commit to the WRC to save the manufacturers championship, and still have to see a ban... We have 5 teams, but without Kronos would had 4 teams wich would be worst than now. Without Carlsson commitement i have some doubts that Marc Van Dalen would had made a commitment to the manu championship.

It think absolutelly stupid this rule of commitements. The wrc is in crisis, no manufacturers, no teams, no drivers, no money... and FIA is acting like if everything was fine. What ROI is FIA giving to WRC? What ROI is FIA assuring to the commites to WRC? FIA wants but FIA dont garantee nothing to the ones on WRC.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Did Carlson made a commitement because Kronos needed a driver committed with at least some rallyes? The Team had (and has) to find a second driver to honour his commitement.

Is interesting that drivers and teams commit to the WRC to save the manufacturers championship, and still have to see a ban... We have 5 teams, but without Kronos would had 4 teams wich would be worst than now. Without Carlsson commitement i have some doubts that Marc Van Dalen would had made a commitment to the manu championship.
    No offence, but we do have 6 teams in WRC. Citroen Total, BP Ford, Subaru WRT, Stobart Ford, Kronos Citroen and Munchi's Ford.

But otherwise I agree. I think an M2 team should be able to just run one car, but should at least participate in 10 rallies. But it should be able to switch between 2-4 drivers over these 10 rallies.

And it should be able to run two cars at some rallies if a budget/driver was available.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    No offence, but we do have 6 teams in WRC. Citroen Total, BP Ford, Subaru WRT, Stobart Ford, Kronos Citroen and Munchi's Ford.

But otherwise I agree. I think an M2 team should be able to just run one car, but should at least participate in 10 rallies. But it should be able to switch between 2-4 drivers over these 10 rallies.

And it should be able to run two cars at some rallies if a budget/driver was available.
    You're right, i forgot Munchis because they have no points

Ai agree with you, we must have flexibility on WRC, because we are in crisis time. Is not easy to find budgets from about 175.000 euros for each car / rally in a championship that is decreasing in interest and media exposure.

A driver has a sponsor, commits to WRC. The sponsor decides pull back after two rallyes and the driver must pay 225.000 to the FIA fine... was better to spend 175.000 and do te rally. But if the driver has no sponsor what should he do? Sell is soul to the evil by 300.000 euros?!?
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock

Shall this be some good news?! Is this nearly 100% certain that there will be another team next year inclu. Suzuki Motor Sport? So next year:

Citroen, Ford, SWRT, (Munchis? again FORD ), Suzuki, Abu Dhabi RT, & (Stobart? again FORD )

I want to see the whales back with OMV and any word on MMSP? And Garde, Galli, Bengue, Kresta, and who ever else is out there not competing or on limited program! (Dudu too )
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see the justice in this. But this surely doesn't make it easier for privateers to make it to WRC.