Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Regarding manufacturers, I’m sorry but if you’re a manufacturer and see what we’re seeing on WRC+ All Live, would you want to promote your product through this discipline?
    The problem with WRC+ is that we do not see the product which is the car. We see some trees and roads through the onboard camera.
    And this is boring even for a passionate fan like me.
    WE MUST SEE THE CAR, promoter must find a way how to do it.

2. Likes: Eli (6th August 2023),Norm75 (6th August 2023),PLuto (6th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023),skarderud (6th August 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    The problem with WRC+ is that we do not see the product which is the car. We see some trees and roads through the onboard camera.
    And this is boring even for a passionate fan like me.
    WE MUST SEE THE CAR, promoter must find a way how to do it.
    Yes, more outside cameras is needed, is also good to see the wrc2 coverage this weekend, sad its just due to few Rally1 cars, it should be like this all rallies.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

4. Likes: Eli (6th August 2023),PLuto (6th August 2023),Rally Hokkaido (6th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    I seem to remember that a few years ago minimum weight was with one spare wheel, did this change with Rally1 or even before?

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Neither were those that I quoted - most left as their results didn't match their expectations or past performance. Cost is not an issue if you're successful. Besides, WRC budgets are a drop in ocean for big manus.
    BMW pulled the plug on the prodrive mini wrc program down to money.
    Subaru pulled the plug on the WRC when there was a recession and down to money. Mitsubishi never really developed their car to WRC spec and was just a glorified grp A car so that was down to competitiveness but what did they expect.
    PSA ran Peugeot and Citroen so pointless competing against themselves, so one team made way for the other. As is the case with Seat and Skoda, different brands under same owners so pointless running two teams, Seat giving way to Skoda for a while but then stopped in top category to concentrate on lower category and domination (while another brand under the same ownership developed a WRC car that went on to dominate)
    Last edited by Norm75; 6th August 2023 at 09:18.

7. Likes: seb_sh (6th August 2023),TWRC (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    BMW pulled the plug on the prodrive mini wrc program down to money.
    Subaru pulled the plug on the WRC when there was a recession and down to money. Mitsubishi never really developed their car to WRC spec and was just a glorified grp A car so that was down to competitiveness but what did they expect.
    PSA ran Peugeot and Citroen so pointless competing against themselves, so one team made way for the other. As is the case with Seat and Skoda, different brands under same owners so pointless running two teams, Seat giving way to Skoda for a while but then stopped in top category to concentrate on lower category and domination (while another brand under the same ownership developed a WRC car that went on to dominate)
    Indeed it is also my impression that the "they were not winning so they pulled out" was the WRC being in denial and blaming the manufacturers for leaving instead of looking at themselves and where they went wrong. Subaru and Suzuki somewhat concided with the global financial crysis and both companies were in deep trouble at the time so spending even a few milion on something 'frivolous' like the WRC must have been frowned upon in the board room.

Besides that I think a critical point was when the WRC Promoter, then headed by David Richards, insisted to hold 16 rallies instead of 14. The motivation was purely financial to get more TV revenue if i remember correctly. Then I remember all the teams moaning about costs and to counter balance that the rules changed from 3 nominated cars to 2. A side effect to this was losing McRae from full time driving. Of course things are more complex but for me that's the first time the WRC shot itself in the foot quite badly. This is all from memory so I am happy to be corrected if someone knows better, but this blaming of manufacturers "pulling out because they can't win" seems like a cheap excuse from people who didn't do a good enough job organising the championship.

9. Likes: Norm75 (6th August 2023)
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Only 25 points separating Rovanperä & Evans if Elfyn is able to win also the Power Stage.

The Championship is open again. Elfyn found finally the right settings to his car and there is now a lot of pressure for Kalle.
    Last edited by rp; 6th August 2023 at 10:06.

11. Likes: cali (6th August 2023),skarderud (6th August 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Yes, good for the championship that kalle has a DNF.
    But is Evans able/alloved to fight kalle for the championship the last rallies?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    The downhill section is very nice to watch, especially that tricky downhill jump turning left

14. Likes: cali (6th August 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Only 25 points separating Rovanperä & Evans if Elfyn is able to win also the Power Stage.

The Championship is open again. Elfyn found finally the right settings to his car and there is now a lot of pressure for Kalle.
    Still huge gap with only four rounds remaining. Especially considering that Evans is unlikely to beat Rovanperä in a straight fight.

16. Likes: jonkka (6th August 2023),TWRC (6th August 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    The downhill section is very nice to watch, especially that tricky downhill jump turning left
    The camera work there is quite good for once as well.