Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kronos cars could be faster?

After reading some articles about Carlsson taking a break from WRC, for several not confirmed reasons, and seeing all these poor times I start wondering how much downgraded is the Xsara really?
    Last year, and also 2005, Stohl was pretty fast with the Xsara and the poor 307 but this year with a really good car he seems slower.
    I dont think the Xsara is so much slower then all the Fords and the Subarus and C4, so its really strange (since he dont seem to have any chance against Atko or Henning anymore at all).
    Also, Carlsson is driving slower, I excepted he would be faster in these rallies he have driven so far (especially Sweden and Portugal).
    Well, he got no test miles in the car at all before sweden or between the rallies, but hes going like that his whole career so I dont know if that would have a very big part of his times.

Marc Van Dalen said he really expected much more and the drivers struggling to get points. Now he trying to convince Citroen to give them the better parts (probably they are afraid of getting beaten by the still better Xsara?).
    I think this is really sad if its true and I think its also one of the reasons why Carlsson wont do some rallies.
    Thers no reason to drive with his goals if you dont have a competitive car.

Now, could the car really be that much downgraded. I doubt the car gets so much slower in one year, I think Loeb would still be in top if it wouldnt be downgraded and I know Stohl, Carlsson and Galli are much faster then whats been on the times so far this year.
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stohl has never been particularly fast with the Xsara. 307 was better for him.

Citroen shouldn't have slightest need to be worried about Xsara in the hands of current drivers. If they are really keeping some parts away from Kronos, as some sources are informed, I really wonder why.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, they probably wont be a threat to Loeb.
    But I think they maybe could reach one podium with some luck and and a competetive car, that means less points to Citroen if Sordo gets beaten.
    And these three drivers are good enough to at least have a battle with Sordo on gravel, but even that seems difficault at the moment.
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    I think the Xsaras are very downgraded. It's strange that the car lost so much perfomance. Stohl and Carlsson are not Loeb, but are guys to run at the same level of Henning Solberg, anda they run very far from the oldest Solberg.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    I think the Xsaras are very downgraded. It's strange that the car lost so much perfomance. Stohl and Carlsson are not Loeb, but are guys to run at the same level of Henning Solberg, anda they run very far from the oldest Solberg.
    The cars are not downgraded but Kronos has cars from 2003, till 2005 i think.
    Where are the 2006 Xsaras?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The car driven by Stohl this year is chassis number T429, the same car driven by Loeb on a number of last year's rallies.
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Somethings not right and Van Dalen is not happy http://www.crash.net/uk/en/services/....wma~csp~3.htm
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    The car driven by Stohl this year is chassis number T429, the same car driven by Loeb on a number of last year's rallies.
    Hehe, yes, but that doesn't really mean it's the same car. How many of the parts are in place since loeb drove? I bet NONE! I'm sure they rebuilt the whole car before the season... I believe there are parts that doesn't hold the same quality as last year - that's quite obvious.
    for fun? never! sports are serious stuff.
    my wrc/irc/rally blog: http://www.maxattack.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    downgraded... so that stohl could not take points of sordo on gravel rally's??? A xsara will never be allowed to beat a c4. end of story.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe this is part of how Citroen is operating on a reduced budget?

Frequelin said that Citroen would be providing less funding and that without sponsors they would be operating on less of a budget than in 2005. Maybe they took a lot of the latest and top spec parts to the C4 instead of leaving them with the Xsara to cut the operating costs from having to manufacturer the parts?
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com