Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    I believe, this year's itinerary is better than previous years.

They kept the fantastic Livadia stage, with so many good spots, fast and flowing.

They include also Elatia and I really hope that this longer version (28+ kms) to include the spectacular part Elatia - Zeli of 2021. Fast, flowing with very good spots, amazing.

They include the classic Pavliani that is not fast on average, but is very demanding stage, in spectacular mountainous scenery, also has some really nice places, especially around Pyra of Herakles.

They included the proper Karoutes - Bauxites joined stage. Previous two versions were uphill, Bauxites, then part of Karoutes, then the last part towards Prosilio...
    Now it will be likely (since the stage name is Karoutes) start from the village up in the mountain, drive all downhill Karoutes stage and final part the downhill version of Bauxites stage... From fir trees and 1100 - 1200 altitude, down to the rocky scenery near the sea level. Fast flowing and very demanding for the brakes...

They include the decent Eleftherochori stage, beautiful with some known but very crowded spots.

They include Tarzan, which is legendary.

3. Likes: Christos Kolperiadis (8th May 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Nice that they keep changing the itinerary every year, and can always set up many single-run stages. This time no 30+ km stages and barely over 300 km in total, but then again all forest stages are over 16 km long, and half of them over 20 km.

5. Likes: cali (9th May 2023)
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    grammeni is also a nice stage... if i remember correctly it has some nice jumps, but i might be wrong, the first one was near a small church and in the old days was a sideways jump... but i think the stage rollers flatten it and was not so spectacular anymore.

these are the jumps from 2005

DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF0012a.jpg

grammeni is a really nice stage... has some nice fast corners as well

DSCF0046.jpg

will be nice to see how the stage changed after all these years
    Attached Images Attached Images

grammeni video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3l23-buS8

but you never know how the stage changed over the years... maybe those jumps are not that spectacular anymore.. i will definitely visit the stage before the rally to check and let you know.

8. Likes: WRC1 (9th May 2023)
    and another jump at a different spot from 2018 as part of the erc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnalkan_WQw

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Nice that they keep changing the itinerary every year, and can always set up many single-run stages. This time no 30+ km stages and barely over 300 km in total, but then again all forest stages are over 16 km long, and half of them over 20 km.
    We are a small country but we have plenty of roads, mountains, hence special stages, despite that many gravel roads became paved asphalt.

At some point in the future I would like to see Kaloskopi. The stage previously passed through Kaloskopi village, connecting the villages Stromi and Inohori. It had different names Stromi or Inohori, depending on the start. The part Inohori - Kaloskopi became paved asphalt, thus the last editions included only the part Kaloskopi - Stromi and vice versa.
    Even as a mix stage, gravel - asphalt, it would be nice.

Other is Drossohori, especially the downhill edition of it usually called Gravia is very nice.

From last year I rate high the Dafni stage. A little difficult to spactate, but really nice stage fast and technical. Some priests of a nearby monastery that did not like the rally cars, did not allow the last kms to take place...

Also Elikonas stage was very very nice in 2012. With spots you could enjoy the action for hundreds of meters, nice scenery also, mountain, fir trees, with sea on the background.

Pyrgos is very beautiful stage to drive, never ending, with big variety, but not so many places for spectators.

Also in Peloponnese region, stage Ziria. What a stage, magic in every aspect...

11. Likes: AnttiL (9th May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    grammeni video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3l23-buS8

but you never know how the stage changed over the years... maybe those jumps are not that spectacular anymore.. i will definitely visit the stage before the rally to check and let you know.

the jumps were there in 2018 as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxg16Gr19bk

13. Likes: WRC1 (9th May 2023)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Καλημέρα, η Γραμμένη είναι στην Γραμμένη Οξιά ? και γενικότερα πως μπορεί κάποιος να κινηθεί για να δεί την Κυριακή Ταρζάν και Γραμμένη?
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

No, Grammeni stage has nothing common with old Grammeni Oxia stage.

It is placed north west of Lamia, between the villages Grammeni and Kalamaki.