Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    What´s the domestic talks about the rally, Tasos or Dimviii?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Per i will be all week at Cyclades islands for job,and return at Saturday.Have no clue at all.
    It will be the first absence at Acropolis for me since 1982.

The wider area of Fthiotida, where a large percentage of special routes of the EKO Rally Acropolis, is already affected from Monday by the bad weather "Daniel".

The organization is constantly monitoring its progress and, with the aim of minimizing the inconvenience to the crews, modified the day's program, allowing recognitions on the Tarzan special route that were scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday, instead of Pauliani, where heavy rain has occurred.

Today's recognition day includes passages from the ed. Karoutes and Eleftherochori, while tomorrow's program will be decided later tonight.

In any case, the organization of the race monitors the meteorological developments with particular attention and is ready to cope with any condition.
    https://www.newsit.gr/athlitika/eko-...iseis/3851841/
    Last edited by dimviii; 5th September 2023 at 13:08.

3. Likes: EstWRC (6th September 2023),Rallyper (5th September 2023),TWRC (6th September 2023)
    Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    At the region of Thessaly, especially at Volos town and at the villages of Pelion the situation is very bad.

Very very big amount of water, flood, cars dropped in the sea, roads with huge holes.

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    I am in the rally area since last Saturday.
    They just announced the recce program for tomorrow which includes SS Grammeni and Shakedown only! That means that SS Pavliani up until tomorrow will not be done recce… let’s hope that the 2 for tomorrow hold on and also Eleftherohori dries out a bit, on the last one they completed recce but with 2 more days rain I don’t know if it will be doable…

6. Likes: dimviii (5th September 2023),Rally Hokkaido (8th September 2023),Rallyper (6th September 2023)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atsiotras79 View Post
    I am in the rally area since last Saturday.
    They just announced the recce program for tomorrow which includes SS Grammeni and Shakedown only! That means that SS Pavliani up until tomorrow will not be done recce… let’s hope that the 2 for tomorrow hold on and also Eleftherohori dries out a bit, on the last one they completed recce but with 2 more days rain I don’t know if it will be doable…
    I did Powerstage 2 hours after the start of rain on Monday and it was very dangerous there. Today Hyundai engineers tried to recce it and turned back after 3 km. Based on my experience, maybe first 10.6km of Power can be done, maybe. Pavliani weather has been very bad again and I dont think it can be done. SS9, Miracle if it runs.. There was very heavy rain today evening in SD and Powerstage, I am not very poistive what is left by morning. Lets see. Night is not over yet.
    By the way, It is not officially confirmed yet, but it seems that new World record of daily precipitation was measured, 754 mm. And it was not the end of the day. it was measured 80 km from Lamia.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

8. Likes: bearclaw (5th September 2023),Corcaíoch (5th September 2023),dimviii (5th September 2023),eib1 (6th September 2023),EstWRC (6th September 2023),Hartusvuori (6th September 2023),jcevc (6th September 2023),Jewy46 (6th September 2023),lancia037 (6th September 2023),Rally Hokkaido (8th September 2023),Rallyper (6th September 2023),seb_sh (5th September 2023),the sniper (5th September 2023),Tom K (5th September 2023),TWRC (6th September 2023)
    Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    ...many thanks bluuford for your last minute information. we are discussing a lot, if we should fly in or stay at home. your informations are for us spectators so helpful...thanks

it sounds not very positive at the moment...

10. Likes: cali (6th September 2023),Fredouye (6th September 2023)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    You can keep track of the organisers decisions on the official noticeboard here:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/sportit...y-greece-2023/
    Check under "Bulletins" and "COC Documents"

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    You can keep track of the organisers decisions on the official noticeboard here:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/sportit...y-greece-2023/
    Check under "Bulletins" and "COC Documents"
    Official noticeboard is here - https://webapp.sportity.com/channel/wrcgrc2023

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I did Powerstage 2 hours after the start of rain on Monday and it was very dangerous there. Today Hyundai engineers tried to recce it and turned back after 3 km. Based on my experience, maybe first 10.6km of Power can be done, maybe. Pavliani weather has been very bad again and I dont think it can be done. SS9, Miracle if it runs.. There was very heavy rain today evening in SD and Powerstage, I am not very poistive what is left by morning. Lets see. Night is not over yet.
    By the way, It is not officially confirmed yet, but it seems that new World record of daily precipitation was measured, 754 mm. And it was not the end of the day. it was measured 80 km from Lamia.
    They have now shortened the first 10,6 km of the power stage and only the last 9 km runs, if so. Also now confirmation yet on the recce of SS Pavliani.

Thanks for the insights!
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

14. Likes: EstWRC (6th September 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I understand there will be changes but not cancelation.

16. Likes: EstWRC (6th September 2023),Hartusvuori (6th September 2023),TWRC (6th September 2023)