Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    My only issue is there are plenty of walkers paths nearby, including a picnic site not far from the famous Hafren hairpin.....And they don't seem to be restricted during this time of year.
    That's the car park I mentioned in my post last night. It wasn't an official car park but (from the security guy I talked to) they seemed ok with people going there as a lesser evil than parking along the narrow roads which were being used as access by the competitors.

@HKSjbg - I had a good old wander in Hafren last year and encountered a handful of other speccies, and none of the marshals or safety cars had any problem with me being there - though obviously I was in safe locations at all times.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (15th April 2023),the sniper (14th April 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Jim Clark entry list:

https://www.rallies.info/webentry/20...ies.php?type=u

Dont see Keith Cronin but he may be last minute as usual !

Polo Power for Pearson in BRC 2023

Duns rally driver Garry Peason will make an exciting switch to a Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 for the rest of the British Rally Championship season.

Pearson, a four-time national rally champion, has driven both a Ford Fiesta Rally2 and more recently a Skoda Fabia R5 since stepping up to the BRC last year.

But the switch to a Polo, run by Melvyn Evans Motorsport, puts him with the car and team that has won both the 2021 and 2022 British titles and 11 of the last 15 BRC rounds.

The Scotsman's first event in his new car will be his home event, the Jim Clark, on May 26/27.

"I'm incredibly excited to announce that we will be using a Polo from Melvyn Evans Motorsport for the rest of the season," Pearson said.

"We know that the Polo is proven on the events that we're going to, and Melvyn Evans Motorsport are going to be able to provide us with good help and feedback on the events and give us a good starting point in terms of set-up.

"The car and team have won the previous two British championships so it's a good step for us to drive this car and learn from these guys.

"We are sure we have the right package to unlock our full potential."

Pearson moves on from Dylan Davies Rallying on good terms.

"The Skoda was a one-event deal to start us off this season," he explained.

"Dylan Davies was great, he helped us out last season and the start of this season, but through no fault of Dylan's we've decided to try the Polo for the rest of the year given its proven winning capability in the BRC.

"I cannot wait to get my first try in the car and see what we can do for the rest of the year."

But Pearson will be doing so with a heavy heart after the rallying world lost Hyundai World Rally Championship star Craig Breen earlier this week.

"I’d like to take this opportunity to pay my respects to Craig Breen," Pearson said.

"Craig for me was the life and soul of rallying in the WRC. He lived and breathed rallying wearing his heart of his sleeve, holding back no emotion.

"We thought long and hard about when to announce our plans after the tragic news, but Craig wouldn't have wanted any of us to stop enjoying the sport he loved so much.

"My thoughts are with Craig's family, close friends and many fans around the world."

Pearson is supported by Billie Bowie Special Projects, Hankook UK, Asset Alliance Group, George Anderson General Builders, Solid Fuel Hub, Husqvarna, R.L Smith & Sons, Brick & Steel Construction and Morris Lubricants. switch to a Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 for the rest of the British Rally Championship season.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Got a last last minute seat for Clacton with Charlie Barlow in his 1400S Micra. Two runs along the seafront yesterday evening went ok and blew away the cobwebs as my last rally was in August. Forecast for some rain today which might make things interesting…

https://www.rallies.info/res?e=521&i=300
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

6. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd April 2023)
    Well as last minute seats go that was a lot of fun, Charlie properly going for it all day with the rain getting steadily worse, got away with a few moments here and there to finish 9th overall in a 1400 Micra!

8. Likes: AndyRAC (24th April 2023),Paul Hudson (24th April 2023),Sal yet again (23rd April 2023),the sniper (24th April 2023)
    Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Wow thats a proper result with all that big banger machinery on the entry list! Just goes to show there is no substitute for talent and commitment!

10. Likes: AndyRAC (24th April 2023),J4MIE (23rd April 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Wow thats a proper result with all that big banger machinery on the entry list! Just goes to show there is no substitute for talent and commitment!
    Talent and commitment, plenty of that on the drivers side
    Really on it from the first bend, went out on wets as it had been raining overnight and got worse and worse, lots of big puddles on the last look and more than a few wobbles on the limiter
    We were lucky to only get held up briefly by one car on the middle loop (cost us about 5 seconds) and same again on the final loop. To be fair quote a few came over and asked us to start ahead as they saw how well we were doing and didn’t want to get in the way! Was a bit worried going into the final stage being the longest of the loop but finished about 200m behind him flat over the flying finish (an Evo 6).

12. Likes: AndyRAC (24th April 2023),Paul Hudson (24th April 2023),the sniper (24th April 2023)
    MN could be interesting this week....

We have a look at the current state of rallying in the UK. Special Investigation: Why British rallying needs your help.

Is it possible to buy a single cope of MN as a PDF?

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Is it possible to buy a single cope of MN as a PDF?
    Looks like...

https://pocketmags.com/motorsport-news-magazine

And they just tweeted this link where its £2.99...

https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/single-iss...-magazine/5168
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 27th April 2023 at 12:18.

16. Likes: J4MIE (28th April 2023)