Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I’m assuming it won’t be vastly different to the route used for the past few years. But a walk in the afternoon between the first and second loops might be a good idea

30mins highlights for all of this year’s Irish National Rally Championship rounds on RallyTV on youtube:

https://youtube.com/@RallyTVIRL

I’ve got Midland Moto Stages and Circuit of Kerry teed up in my watch later ready for a rainy day

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (13th April 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I’m assuming it won’t be vastly different to the route used for the past few years. But a walk in the afternoon between the first and second loops might be a good idea
    I sent you a message, not sure if you read it?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Yeah just spotted it up top!

The Scottish moves to Dalbeattie for this year:

https://preview.mailerlite.io/emails...57338340657028

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    30mins highlights for all of this year’s Irish National Rally Championship rounds on RallyTV on youtube:

https://youtube.com/@RallyTVIRL

I’ve got Midland Moto Stages and Circuit of Kerry teed up in my watch later ready for a rainy day
    Thanks for this info. It cheered me up slightly on this most difficult of rally days...

8. Likes: HKSjbg (13th April 2023)
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    On the Rallynuts last year they had a security guard on the forest access road to the Hafren stage start. He was sending people to the car park by the public toilets where there was also a security guard, but more room to park without annoying the locals. I guess the length of walk depends to some extent on the stage route?

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    I've just seen your msg, sent you a PM

11. Likes: HKSjbg (13th April 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    On the Rallynuts last year they had a security guard on the forest access road to the Hafren stage start. He was sending people to the car park by the public toilets where there was also a security guard, but more room to park without annoying the locals. I guess the length of walk depends to some extent on the stage route?
    So is that to say ‘parking here, no thank you. Walk here from Sweet Lamb, by all means, knock yourself out’?

I was starting to think it would be easier to just stay in Sweet Lamb and spend the day finding the best viewing point, rather than worry about being ‘caught’ in the forest

Though of course I’m not one of those idiots who wants to do whatever he wants with no regard for if it will cause problems for the rally organisers.

I was hoping to have a wander up to that first hairpin when the cars have come out of Sweet Lamb - SL behind you, hairpin left into Hafren forest proper and Maesnant/Hafren south about a couple km further down the road. I’m gonna check some onboards from last year to see whether it was generally just the marshals and camera crew ‘allowed’ in the forest.

Something tells me all this anxiety over the matter will be overthought in the extreme

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I'm not sure it's any help, but I remember a late 90s Vauxhall Rally of Wales; and in the programme's spectator information it stated 'no spectators at Hafren - due to birds nesting'; groups of speccies disturbs them, but rally cars flying through full chat don't.
    My only issue is there are plenty of walkers paths nearby, including a picnic site not far from the famous Hafren hairpin.....And they don't seem to be restricted during this time of year.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???