Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://youtu.be/hqrW6Y2bbFE

First corner at yellow house or one after a long straight at 4:10...
    Yellow house... at Inneråträsk. Only 1,35 K to walk from big road.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 19th December 2022 at 07:58.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey everyone! I'm already starting to organize my assistance to Rally Sweden 2023. I'm not a complete noob in rallying, as I've attended to Catalunya 2021 and 2022 and Finland 2022, but the swedish WRC rally seems different to the rest. I have some questions, I hope someone can help me and help others having the same doubts.
    Is it very cold? I've seen the historical weather for February and temperatures don't seem to go under -15ºC, but is it windy?
    Do they allow you to spectate the rally from any spot near the road or you have to be in the official areas for spectating? Are there a lot of marshals? I've seen from onboards from 2022 that they are mostly in junctions. In Finland 2022 there were too much, they didn't even let you spectate decently.
    Are the non-principal access roads decently conditioned to go with our rental 4x4 car?
    Do you have any tip/trick for spectating night stages? Is it better to see them coming or leaving? I say it because of the lights from the cars might be annoying.
    Thanks for your help!

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparerax7 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm already starting to organize my assistance to Rally Sweden 2023. I'm not a complete noob in rallying, as I've attended to Catalunya 2021 and 2022 and Finland 2022, but the swedish WRC rally seems different to the rest. I have some questions, I hope someone can help me and help others having the same doubts.
    Is it very cold? I've seen the historical weather for February and temperatures don't seem to go under -15ºC, but is it windy?
    Do they allow you to spectate the rally from any spot near the road or you have to be in the official areas for spectating? Are there a lot of marshals? I've seen from onboards from 2022 that they are mostly in junctions. In Finland 2022 there were too much, they didn't even let you spectate decently.
    Are the non-principal access roads decently conditioned to go with our rental 4x4 car?
    Do you have any tip/trick for spectating night stages? Is it better to see them coming or leaving? I say it because of the lights from the cars might be annoying.
    Thanks for your help!
    One could answer yes or no to almost every question you ask.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: BleAivano (2nd January 2023)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Thanks for your help!
    Weather wise the coldest ever temperature measured in Umeå in February is -38.5 (in 1978) If you travel to Vindeln-Sunnansjönäs which is about 60 km north west from Umeå, coldest measured (in 1978) is -45.3.
    However, last year noted the highest temperature ever measured with +9. https://www.smhi.se/pd/klimat/pdf_st...wind_feb22.pdf
    It can be really cold, but it could also be quite warm. Other news is that the service park area will be free of charge to visit.

Current snow depth is about 30 cm in central Umeå but above 40 cm in the inland west and north west of Umeå. https://www.smhi.se/vader/observatio...=vader,param=s
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

6. Likes: Rallyper (3rd January 2023)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Thanks for your help!
    The weather can be predicted only closer to the rally (!), but in general it's better to prepare warm layers of clothing. Even if it'd be only like -3 celcius that's normally nothing, if you stand still in the forest for hours, you start to get cold.

Last year the experience with the marshals was more negative than positive. They appeared to be quite strict on which is allowed place to spectate and which is not, even if the safety matters were concerned. Maybe it was just because it was first WRC event in the region and many first timers in marshals. But if you act nicely to them, they will reply nicely. Almost every time :-)

Some of the access roads on the map must be unaccessable if not cleared from the snow all winter. So I would either plan the spectating points near official parking or do own recce on the available access roads.

There are not that many jumps or even hills in Rally Sweden route now, but personally I like night stages in the winter with cars approaching uphill so the headlights point towards the tree tops before the car appears. It can make nice photos if it's snowing or someone's having a fire with smoke around.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

8. Likes: BleAivano (3rd January 2023),Morte66 (3rd January 2023),Rallyper (3rd January 2023),sindroms (4th January 2023)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    At least its another Rally1 car to watch...

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Finally, a GR Yaris without factory livery..

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Well, it wasn't GR Yaris but still Yaris..

Latvala, Grönholm(okay, it was quite same) and Lappi have had different liveries..

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I'm kinda bummed. Why wouldn't he take his money to M-Sport who needs it more than Toyota?

Also, it will be another less onboard camera for WRC2 crews but it's the same with Serderidis etc.

14. Likes: RS (9th January 2023)