Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ACO sends invites for 2007 Le Mans to ALMS teams

The ACO has granted automatic invites to the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2007 to the following teams:

Audi Sport North America
    Penske Motorsports
    Corvette Racing
    Aston Martin Racing
    Risi Competizione

Read more about it at the paddoc talk.

Can't wait to get the Penske LMP2s in front of my camera.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Penske could come but I think Porsche won't agree at least as for next year.

My bet is Penske at Le Mans in 2008.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LM1
    Penske could come but I think Porsche won't agree at least as for next year.
    That would be really stupid. Penske got their invites for LMP2 and Porsche doesn't participate into LMP2 directly, so there would be no competing against themselves.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that Porsche is worried about the reliability of the car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    but to be invited to the greatest race in the world and not go is stupid, who cars about reliability, go out and race the damn thing, you fail, then you fail. but you tried and comeback next year with a better gameplan. we've seen the past couple of years the LMP2 class has been a joke at LeMans, it would be better if they raced
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    but to be invited to the greatest race in the world and not go is stupid, who cars about reliability, go out and race the damn thing, you fail, then you fail. but you tried and comeback next year with a better gameplan. we've seen the past couple of years the LMP2 class has been a joke at LeMans, it would be better if they raced
    Yes you are right. I don't understand Porsche's decison either. In fact I don't understand Porsche general policy/strategy in motorsport.

They should be present in LMP1 or LMP2 every year at Le Mans. I don't know why they just don't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Porsche is just trying to perfect their car before LeMans, the only problem is, you can't perfect it. Audi has been the one exception at LeMans, but they have struggled with the R8 and R10 at times. Porsche will never know how reliable the car is until they actually race at Lemans to get the feeling for what is going to be needed to win the event.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Penske wont go if Porsche wont pay. This has been discussed. Penske is running the team but Porsche is paying the frieght and has control over the destiny of the team. Penske I know would love to go, but he wont go if it doesn't make business sense. That is what Penske does, he makes sure he goes racing with someone else spending the money.

I think though with ACO's invite, Porsche and Penske will find their way to France....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what a shame, building up an LMP2n and refusing to be part to the race that each constructor want to compete !!
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who cares about the crappy LMP1s and LMP2s.

Its all about GT1 and GT2 for me.

Go Aston Martin!

Go Panoz!