Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proco2020
    The quote about going faster and faster until you go off was always said about the late great Gilles Villeneuve and is appropriate for F1 where they have run off areas and gravel traps but not appropriate for rallying, unless you're Colin Mcrash.
    Note that in Henri Toivonen's case the quote went the other way around, starting from mad crash-certain speed and continuing to slow down until the car no longer rolled.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I presume they had unlimited recce and recce-cars in his day then?

Not an appropriate way to learn a car I'm afraid, build up speed until you're on the edge on accident and then that is the correct speed.
    Bryan Hull
    Co-driving all the thrills without the big bills after the spills

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Guys, I only used Henkka as a remote example of J-M characteristic of developing as a driver. Like Tomi said, no reason to compare him and young Latvala.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have spend some 60 days with J-M and some 30 days with Mikko + many phone calls. They both are very talented and brave drivers. What they need to uderstand, is how the suspension works. And that's not easy. You can't totally relay what your engineers do. They don't drive the bloody thing. But they think they know! Anyhow the best thing is ,to set your car better than anybody else. Then winning comes easy.
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn