Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Toni's 3rd overall in NZ 1999 was his 13th WRC start. Admittedly, quite a number of top drivers had problems in that rally but still, that drive inspired many. And it all came to nothing, thanks to various factors.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    My point jonkka is that unlike many others, J-M seem to have all the potential to the top but is he aware of it and can he work it.

I can't remember which one of the Flying Finns said that Henkka had a different approach to find his limits than other drivers. When other drove, they speed up and when they rolled the car, they found the limit. Henkka drove flat off and rolled, then he slowed a bit and when the car kept on it's wheels, he found his limit.

J-M seem to be very fast. He just needs to get rid off those mistakes. Can he do it in time? With Wilson family, he certainly could have more time than in other families.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I can't remember which one of the Flying Finns said that Henkka had a different approach to find his limits than other drivers. When other drove, they speed up and when they rolled the car, they found the limit. Henkka drove flat off and rolled, then he slowed a bit and when the car kept on it's wheels, he found his limit.
    It was his father, the late Pauli "Tiikeri" Toivonen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    All in all, Mr. Wilson himself said he finds Jari-Matti as a potential future champion.
    Mr. Wilson told the same about Duval a couple of years ago!
    But still I will always be a great fan from the flying Finns.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Latvala is doing very promising developement. I would put my money rather on Latvala than on Hirvonen when considering future world champion.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No point to compaire Henkka, Garde and JM, different guys different time, JM and will become a worksdriver thats 100% sure, Garde I think still has good chanses too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    many drivers where told to be the next WRC superstar, many of them never managed to win a single rally like Gardemeister but other like Loeb are now, well I don't want to p**s off his haters here...

Latvala has huge potential I think everybody noted that, now if he gots what it takes only time will tell
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Garde had the tools when with ford, and I think he tried to use them to the max. The focus was not the best car around but he made quite a good part in 2005 for M-sport, thanks to him marucs started 2006 with number 3 on his window.
    I would really like to see garde in Suzuki,i think he is well balanced in his abilities and he is as good in gravel as in tarmac or even better in the last.
    about JMi like him and i think he has the potential, but to beat loeb? Naaa (and i dont like that)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    It was his father, the late Pauli "Tiikeri" Toivonen.
    The quote about going faster and faster until you go off was always said about the late great Gilles Villeneuve and is appropriate for F1 where they have run off areas and gravel traps but not appropriate for rallying, unless you're Colin Mcrash.

I hope that J-M moves up to a full works drive soon and doesn't become a wasted talent. He's a better driver than MH
    Bryan Hull
    Co-driving all the thrills without the big bills after the spills

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by proco2020
    He's a better driver than MH
    You can't say that yet! eeeek he hasn't won but is a promising driver !!!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"