Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These last two rallies haven't been the same without WRR, I like being able to follow a rally half way around the globe and hearing what the drivers have to say at end of stages. Its gives you a feeling of the atmosphere of the event.

I hope they come back soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Radio is the best way to get all the info from the event - its live! Looking at the forums this weekend - "does anyone know what happened?" question must be the most asked. With WRR you have live and up to date information.

WRC and rally events are a great place to offer radio coverage. F1 for example is a 2-3 hours stint that is built for TV. Rallying is not and needs upto the miniute information for the fans.
    I have been to many many rallies over the years and keeping up to date is quite hard - the stagetime text message service is great! and in New Zealand 2006 the WRR team did live fm broadcast to the stages and this was very good!
    WalesRallyGB also broadcasts on the stages by globecast - but this is very poor compaired to WRR.

I would pay for WRR, the podcast is worth the money alone! But this does need to be part of the WRC+ package with the videos, stage times and special stage videos. WRC+ needs a thread on its own with the costs vs content argument!

Flip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    Much more than I used it (which was never). Although it would be pretty important to me if I could use it when I was awake most of the time...

and

Not a single cent. If ISC wants to be so greedy as to charge for this, instead of realize that it is crucial to creating commercial value in the sport than to hell with them. Sorry, but that is how I feel. I am absolutely sick and tired of being expected to pay for things that should be provided for free. Motorsport is advertising. Teams participate to promote something. Organizing rallies is a commercial endeavour (in most parts of the world, espeically for the WRC). There are sponsors, sometimes paid admissions, and the spectators bring thousands if not millions of dollars to the host economies. I WILL NOT PAY FOR SOMEONE TO ADVERTISE TO ME WHILE I AM WATCHING THEIR FREAKING ADVERTISEMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE Paying the cable bill for TV and internet is bad enough already, but to pay for the "privledge" of listening to some tosser provide very basic information in an attempt to promote the whole damn thing in the first place? No. Coverage should be provided to promote the rally, you know, promote the event, the teams that are paying the bills, promote the sponsors that are supporting the event, it should be a way of getting that information out there. To pay someone for this is absurd.
    Nice comment mate!!!! I agree totally with you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why paying for something I can see or hear somewhere else?

If they could add value to their broadcasting maybe I would pay. But I don't see myself paying for the poor service the WRC+ is delivering to their members.

Thanks to ITV and Eurosport, at least I can follow live The F1 and Moto GP on live starting friday in practice session.

The WRC is really loosing the business...

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    If they had made the quality and added full lenght inboards i would be more than happy to pay twice as much as i do now. The price for the annual pass is only worth the same as 30L of petrol in Norway
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Atm, I'm kinda disgusted in away that I am not getting what I paid for with WRC+. We do need something for the WRC to survive and I think that WRR was it. As above some people would not pay for any of these services but I have, and whilst I already paid for this, in one case, I used a site which gave a link to listen to WRR free! So a bit of a waste of my money that they got, and where did it go? Helping out WRR to go to other WRC rounds? I think not. They're stuck back in the UK (I'm guessing) and unable to attend the next what 2 rallies including this weekends? But made it to a non WRC event?! Ok.....

But still, I'm continuously waiting for what I have paid for from the last event, but prior to that WRR did succeed in what they were offering in Monte through to the round before Argentina! See I even forget the rounds, is how WRC is slightly going down hill...
    WRR is free and has been for the last 2 seasons on wrc.com there is a nice big button on the homepage. As for WRC+ you pay for the splits and the video stuff. they were in Jordan as the Organisers stumped up the money in order to promote their event as was mentioned many times through the weekend.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    doodle, it was actually free if you knew how to get it free, I could not listen to WRR last year, as it was not on wrc.com and only available on wrc+ members in 06 that is what I believe, I got wrc+ for the vids etc and so called "extra" things, but I knew I could get the same radio free, this year from the estonian site.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was on wrc.com for all of last season and this.... even though they aren't broadcasting live now the button is still there on the home page and it just has music on. It's just underneath the main story about loeb, or click rally radio on the left hand menu - it has been in that format for about 18 months and has been free the entire time.

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Does anyone actually know why they were missing in Argentina, Sardinia and will be missing in Greece? They say they work flat out to be back for Finland.

I would really miss them.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Money rules the game
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net