Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    So, should the FIA do something or nothing?
    absolutely nothing...

did they do anything when the US invaded and occupied Iraq and afghanistan ? did they do anything when NATO bombed yugoslavia ? Did they do anything when NATO bombed lybia ?

an invasion or a boming is bad thing depending how far you are from it and if the people killed have the same culture as you ? or a bad thing in general ?

2. Likes: becher (2nd March 2022),dimviii (2nd March 2022),focus206 (2nd March 2022),Katvala (23rd April 2022),logic (2nd March 2022),MTA (2nd March 2022),Rally Hokkaido (6th March 2022),WRCStan (2nd March 2022)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    sactions to ordinary people who have nothing to do with this war.... people of Russia are not even allowed to carry their flag...

So they sanction innocent civilians doing their jobs... sounds fair.

5. Likes: logic (3rd March 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Sulland, you are calling for sports washing.

Who is this free press you speak of?
    Please define what you mean by Sportswashing?

The free press is the part of the press that is not state controlled, not controlled by sponsors or others that make journalists write and report in a way that is approved by someone before publishing.

We see in many countries the life as a independant journalist is getting harder. Many are killed because they do their job of informing us.

The reaction that comes around the world these days, are against Putin & Co, and not against the russian people. They are also victims in this war.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Russian driver Gryazin is a Red Bull athlete. I wonder if they will drop him if he doesnt come out against his country's invasion of Ukraine ?

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Russian driver Gryazin is a Red Bull athlete. I wonder if they will drop him if he doesnt come out against his country's invasion of Ukraine ?
    Has Red Bull themselves made any statement?

If not, no reason for him to fear any repercussions....

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    F1 have now terminated the contract with the Russia GP.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/60601632

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    This is no conflict and cannot be compared to any military action since WWII. The whole world is united against Russia and making it clear how incomprehensible this action is.

Afghanistan and all similar operations have always been controversial but have always had the support of half the world or people. Here Russia has invaded a sovereign state that has never threatened them militarily. Russia doesn't just want to lose its vassals even though these states have democratically decided otherwise.

That's why I totally agree and the exclusion of Russia and athletes from all actions. Mostly I agree because most of the statements are along the lines of "we want peace" and a lot of regret... But this is bullshit and lies, they must say I am ashamed of my president and my country for invading another country and killing civilians. Dear Mr. President end this war you started for your power interests!

Feel free to take the separatist pro-Russian states if they want but leave the free state and peace.

Russian athletes are celebrities and they must express their opinion fully so that even ordinary Russians finally understand how totalitarian and dangerous their country is.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Andel View Post
    This is no conflict and cannot be compared to any military action since WWII. The whole world is united against Russia and making it clear how incomprehensible this action is.

Afghanistan and all similar operations have always been controversial but have always had the support of half the world or people. Here Russia has invaded a sovereign state that has never threatened them militarily. Russia doesn't just want to lose its vassals even though these states have democratically decided otherwise.

That's why I totally agree and the exclusion of Russia and athletes from all actions. Mostly I agree because most of the statements are along the lines of "we want peace" and a lot of regret... But this is bullshit and lies, they must say I am ashamed of my president and my country for invading another country and killing civilians. Dear Mr. President end this war you started for your power interests!

Feel free to take the separatist pro-Russian states if they want but leave the free state and peace.

Russian athletes are celebrities and they must express their opinion fully so that even ordinary Russians finally understand how totalitarian and dangerous their country is.
    way way easier said than done, if u live there...

Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Please define what you mean by Sportswashing?
    Using sport to further your political goals. Unless FIA is a political entity then leave the political decisions to politicians.

There's no significant free press anybody here can name. Times have changed in 20 years, any entity now does its own journalism direct to consumer without need for the middlemen, so the middlemen stick to what the entity wants, to maintain access privilege as controlled by that entity's media officer. Independent investigative journalism is a dying niche, I agree, but because not enough people really care. That's my belief, but even your definition of free press wouldn't be pressurising anybody to kick back on Russia like you first said, else it's not free. Further point, there's no such thing as news even - it's only information or beliefs somebody somewhere wants you to know or have, else they just wouldn't say it.

Somewhat along those lines, this statement stinks of bias:

The world have come longer that going to war with a neigbouring country, to grow your own power in a region.
    If you can't see why I would suggest widening your scope of sources, if you can. Russian media is being banned everywhere oops lol.