Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: eWRC Shutdown

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    I don't like to say it, but it probably good step right now. Hopefully big teams, drivers and brands in rallying will try to keep this project alive. And then, if nobody is willing to sponsor, make ewrc-results behind paywall.

2. Likes: AnttiL (21st February 2022),cali (21st February 2022),Sulland (21st February 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    I would be willing to pay more for this site than for WRC all live!

I use it more, they have good data quality, very good user interface and it always works!

WRC promotor need to see the benefit of eWRC results. They have a coplete mess of an internet site, and ERC will move to the same hopeless platform.
    Information in database format becomes more and more important, so promotor or FIA has to see that they will get their historical brain readily made for very little money. And for once FIA will give something useful back to the rally fans, that get the sponsors to pay they salaries!

4. Likes: cali (21st February 2022)
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    I would definitely join many of the commenters here and elsewhere to say I would subscibe to this service if it goes that way. I find it by far the most informative of rally data sources available on the web. In true nerdy fashion, I love seeing a photo on FB and then tracking down the crew and car on EWRC or following the history of a particular car from one owner to the next. It will be a massive loss to the sport for me if it does not continue in some shape of form.

6. Likes: becher (21st February 2022)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greencroft View Post
    I would definitely join many of the commenters here and elsewhere to say I would subscibe to this service if it goes that way. I find it by far the most informative of rally data sources available on the web. In true nerdy fashion, I love seeing a photo on FB and then tracking down the crew and car on EWRC or following the history of a particular car from one owner to the next. It will be a massive loss to the sport for me if it does not continue in some shape of form.
    very well said, such a loss for our sport.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Too bad, I hope they find a way to bring it back either via some partner or with a subscription model. It must have been stressfull to have uncertainty and have to keep asking for donations. I remember last year when Ogier organised some fund raising amongst the drivers at the last minute.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    It seems more or less like blackmailing. It was their hobbie and they want to blame someoene else that they did that much work? Noone didnt ask to do it. Ive been supporter myself when they were collecting some funding but this feels like shit at the moment, they should feel ashamed to step out like that. Its all about the money now, not hobbie.

10. Likes: EstWRC (22nd February 2022),NOT (22nd February 2022),Winner (22nd February 2022)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Obviously there's a reason it happened right before Sweden, but if you think of how many hours it takes to do all of this i do understand them. I think 1 or 2 does it full time also?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

12. Likes: AnttiL (22nd February 2022),pantealex (22nd February 2022)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Also that Data needs some "server space"

It's not free to keep up that big service.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

14. Likes: AnttiL (22nd February 2022),the sniper (22nd February 2022),tommeke_B (22nd February 2022)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    It seems more or less like blackmailing. It was their hobbie and they want to blame someoene else that they did that much work? Noone didnt ask to do it. Ive been supporter myself when they were collecting some funding but this feels like shit at the moment, they should feel ashamed to step out like that. Its all about the money now, not hobbie.
    i tend to agree with this post.
    For sure there is need for sponsorship/money,but my feeling is that the way they did, isnt the right way.
    All these adverts at ewrc.cz are not enough?

16. Likes: EstWRC (22nd February 2022),WRC1 (23rd February 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    It's something else to add to the list following the demise of both Rallycourse, and the Martin Holmes Annual.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

18. Likes: cali (22nd February 2022)