Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
fine, but manufacturers are not interested in wrc.
I know. This form of rallying is waaay passed it's heyday for manufactures but the ordinary human loves it still, the promoter is still in business making money - for the non-profit FIA lol. It's a privateer sport but a manufacturer series. I'm probably the only person on this forum who would entertain the notion that a WRC backed by manufacturers could look radically different in future and that speed might not be the sole factor, while speed rallying continues privately - ERC/regions could be the highest form. It's unlikely...

to the point where the promoter is paying for an extra msport car in order to increase the field. do you think this is healthy?
It's healthier than death. The promoter has been backing entries since it was installed 15 years ago and it's blurred how much they put in and how much the 3rd/4th manus do. There's always been a middle ground and deals struck. I know I said without manufacturers the series dies, but also without the promoter support the series would have probably died in appeal. That support was propelled chiefly by the other manus and sponsors. With zero manus though it could go full FIA spec car, unbadged if they had decent sponsors, as radically odd as WRC would then be. But it would probably die like WRX you describe IMO, subpar to ERC.

im not angry, sorry if sounded like that.
No worries, it's a concern that gave 105 pages in this thread and many more. Fascinates me. Perhaps WRC dies, perhaps just the appeal dies... I'm not sure there's an easy answer for us to say they should have done this or that. Likelihood is, deals will be struck and things don't look too different to us the next few years, only to the moneymen at the non-profit.