Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1022
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    It's a very long race in France.
    Yeah that's the only part I get.

Btw Andretti said "our goal is to be in every single major sporting racing event in the world" at the opening of their new F1 facility, so I guess they will also aim at WRC with new, open to non-manufacturer teams rules. They are already in Extreme E. Would be kinda funny to see Cadillac go to WRC with them.

3. Likes: skarderud (18th April 2024)
    Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Btw Andretti said "our goal is to be in every single major sporting racing event in the world" at the opening of their new F1 facility, so I guess they will also aim at WRC with new, open to non-manufacturer teams rules. They are already in Extreme E. Would be kinda funny to see Cadillac go to WRC with them.
    I'd be surprised if Andretti knew the WRC existed, let alone consider it a "major sporting racing event".

5. Likes: AndyRAC (24th April 2024),Backa (18th April 2024),cali (21st April 2024),focus206 (18th April 2024)
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I'd be surprised if Andretti knew the WRC existed, let alone consider it a "major sporting racing event".
    I'm sure if they would be interested in WRC, they could enter way easier than in F1. Subaru USA Andretti version with Semenuk onboard.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I'm sure if they would be interested in WRC, they could enter way easier than in F1. Subaru USA Andretti version with Semenuk onboard.
    They could because WRC will take anyone, F1 can be selective. But why bother? The WRC has little exposure in North America, there's not even an event there. If it's a minority sport in Europe, it's basically non-existent in the USA/Canada. Globally, F1 is a major sport with household names, huge revenue and plenty of sponsorship opportunities. The WRC is none of those.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (24th April 2024)
    You can say that about every single motorsport except F1. Yet Andretti competes in Extreme E, Formula E or Australian Supercars...

10. Likes: becher (19th April 2024)
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    You can say that about every single motorsport except F1. Yet Andretti competes in Extreme E, Formula E or Australian Supercars...
    i think Michael said that while trying to get an indycar sponsorship, the guy saw a picture of the electric FE car in the Andretti's office and got stoked saying stuff like "oh, does such thing even exist? i want to sponsor that, not indycar". its their current sponsor in FE (they are current champ btw). something similar happened with the extreme-e. the sponsor simply got interested because "oh, its electric? we could use that". so in those cases there was the green washing interest from these partners. in australia they are a partner-sponsor. its not an aaaaactual andretti squad.
    what wrc could bring to them? idk. they are in imsa too? that would make sense but more because its an american series. i heard they want to get in nascar too. those stuff have some values for them. i dont see wrc adding value to anyone right now, which is sad as f*

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    i think Michael said that while trying to get an indycar sponsorship, the guy saw a picture of the electric FE car in the Andretti's office and got stoked saying stuff like "oh, does such thing even exist? i want to sponsor that, not indycar". its their current sponsor in FE (they are current champ btw). something similar happened with the extreme-e. the sponsor simply got interested because "oh, its electric? we could use that". so in those cases there was the green washing interest from these partners. in australia they are a partner-sponsor. its not an aaaaactual andretti squad.
    what wrc could bring to them? idk. they are in imsa too? that would make sense but more because its an american series. i heard they want to get in nascar too. those stuff have some values for them. i dont see wrc adding value to anyone right now, which is sad as f*
    When and big IF they bring the round in US, it could add some value to them and maybe some interest. But I think they would enter with already made machines and most likely that would be ford.

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/f...ules/10602000/

They say they’re not at war but then go on to say:

“We are fully understanding of the position of where the manufacturers are. They just want to do nothing, nothing at all.”

When asked if the plan is to work on a compromise on regulations with the manufacturers, he added: “I think that is where we are at the moment. That is where the discussion is. We have all the options on the table. We know what the target is and what the aim is.”

Wheatley also clarified the three reasons why the FIA has taken such an intervention to propose changes for 2025 and 2026 instead of focusing on just 2027.

He added: “There were three key elements, the first was Pirelli not committing [to a new tyre deal]. The second, the drivers not wanting to do the championship and the third was, and we always have this discussion about Ford whether they are win or out, but there was an additional layer and that was about Hyundai continuing [in the WRC]. That has been a fundamental change in the discussion going forward.”

The WRC Commission is set to meet again on April 25.”
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

14. Likes: ipe (Today),manthey (25th April 2024),WRCStan (23rd April 2024)
    Liked 9,362 Times in 4,975 Posts
    The Manufacturers have all the power, without them the WRC is dead. They clearly wont or cant accept the proposed changes either financially or in the timeframe.

I see the only solution to getting more cars at the top level being more deals like has been done for Sesks, with WRC Promoter giving some financial support.