Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Interesting point. It made me wonder Whats the point of "road relevance" if the coolest thing about race cars is the huge aerokits and modifications? Like, put a nice rear spoiler on my Corsa, make it wider on the tires, some nice Monster Energy colors...
    But naaah, no one is doing that to their road cars. That would be a Success with my 8 year old cousin's school friends but yeah GOOD LUCK with girls from now on.... =P

Maybe a spec rollcage + "build ur car around that" could be a good solution?
    I dont know if a rollcage + engine (whatever) + tires + an aerodynamic bubble is cheaper than a Rally2 car, especially if u could attract little companies building these parts, like in BTCC where they have 3 brands making engines (something like that). Is it?
    IMHO the relevance of the road relevance is a thing of the past.

I'd take it from strictly practical point of view. For WRC team which builds 5-10 cars per year it's definitely easier to build it fully in house from a spaceframe, especially with any kind of hybrid or EV. On the other hand for Rally2 which are being produced in dozens or hundreds it makes more sense to take a stock bodyshell from production and deliver it to some subcontractor which welds a rollcage inside (that's how it's being done anyway).
    Last edited by Mirek; 22nd January 2024 at 16:33.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Maybe a spec rollcage + "build ur car around that" could be a good solution?
    Isn't that what a Rally1 car is?

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Well, yes, but wrc demands it to be hybrid, to look like a road car and theres probably some more stuff like homologation and manufacturer participation.
    Tho Elfyn said recently that these tube frame cars with pannels are more expensive... Which I found weird. Maybe he was talking about the "tube frame car with hybrid engine"? Idk... I dont understand how those things work

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Some interesting points of view on this from Latvala, Abiteboul and Millener:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...bate/10568210/

5. Likes: Jewy46 (23rd January 2024),manthey (22nd January 2024),seb_sh (22nd January 2024),typhoon (22nd January 2024)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Some interesting points of view on this from Latvala, Abiteboul and Millener:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...bate/10568210/
    Thankfully M-Sport’s team principal Richard Millener openly talked about what WRC Promoter is not doing right now:

"For me personally, we need a pinnacle. The funding is a very important part of the sport but if we have the following, the media interest and people around the sport, then the money comes with that element and that is maybe where we are missing at the moment. I think we need to think about how to make it more appealing and entertaining for people and how we can get more people to see the sport".

Not surprised, though, about Toyota's POV, since they recently announced that they will again produce ICE cars. Which makes totally sense when they go for 100% fossil-free sustainable fuels...

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    It's quite easy to make WRC get more audience.

1: It's not a "pinnacle" if its not competition, whatever cars you bring up.
    You need bigger competition.

2: you need some stories, not just a couple of drivers without identity just saying what the PR-department told you to say.
    You need some Petter Solberg's, Marcus Grönholm's, Colin McRae's, and some local heros that fights the top-guys in theire home rally.

3: you can't hide your sport behind a paywall.
    That is basic knowledge, but not for people watching an Excel-sheat....

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Last edited by skarderud; 23rd January 2024 at 06:19.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

8. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2024),RS (22nd January 2024),seb_sh (23rd January 2024),the sniper (24th January 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari-Matti
    We have the Rally3 class so why not make that the Rally2 class and then we make this current Rally2 [the top tier] and we do a modification kit [to the cars],” he added.
    So rename Rally3 to Rally2 but keep Rally2 as Rally2 and also have a Rally2+, and without Rally1. You could rename the championship WRC2. Which is exactly what you'd get. Genius.

Cyril is the only one grasping the bigger picture, no pretending there are quick fixes or it's this thing or that. Spot on.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    'Reduce' Rally1 cars back to WRC 2011-16 specs.... 'Upgrade' Rally2 cars up to WRC 2011-16 specs
    Done. You are welcome, my friends.

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Whatever they do, please stop renumbering classes!
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

12. Likes: Jewy46 (29th January 2024),Morte66 (24th January 2024),TWRC (25th January 2024)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    3D comparison of the most watched racing series based on their social media followings (maybe a bit of a surprise...)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ENf8NxSZVNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70y_8Srj1c
    Last edited by wyler; 29th January 2024 at 11:29.

14. Likes: manthey (29th January 2024)