Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Yesterday I watched that movie, Race for glory. It was awesome. And you were wrong. I don't care about not being professionaly enough, the concept, story, drama, insight, cast, setup and effects was truly amazing. I recommend for everyone to see that. People need that. Fans need that. If other sports do have movies, now we have one too. I really enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    It's nowhere because it's a low budget Italian production, not because it's a bad film.

It's a pretty good film, not Ford vs Ferrari or Rush level, but it's still better than I expected. Unfortunately, it looks to me like it's too much dramatized for rally fans, but also it don't introduce the characters, championship and even rally itself for non-rally fans.
    As it's off topic to this thread, I'll keep it short.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the movie but I stick to my opinion.

Low budget doesn't make a film bad. Storytelling is where the biggest difference comes from. And it being nowhere is down to the simple logic of distribution - you distribute content that has potential to earn you profit.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    As it's off topic to this thread, I'll keep it short.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the movie but I stick to my opinion.

Low budget doesn't make a film bad. Storytelling is where the biggest difference comes from. And it being nowhere is down to the simple logic of distribution - you distribute content that has potential to earn you profit.
    I know it's off topic to the thread but can I just point out that I made a post on this very forum in 2015 suggesting this story for a drama film?

Actually, call me crazy but while the obvious movie subjects could be some of the big personalities - Rohrl, Mikkola, Toivonen etc. - I'd love to see a film that followed Michele Mouton all the way up to her runner-up to Rohrl in 1982... reading the wikipedia about it has built in drama. Even setting aside the amazement of a woman reaching the top level of the sport in the early 80s when that seems out of the question even now in 2015. She won more rallies (3) that year than anyone else. She finds out her father has died on the eve of the Rallye Cote D'Ivoire where she can pull to within 2 points of Rohrl, and her father's dying wish is that she start the rally... Brutal conditions, Rohrl claimed the cars were 70° C (!) during the rally, she led him by half an hour, the lead drops slowly due to transmission problems, finally under pressure she rolls, drives 5km in the wrecked car and finally has to give up. I think that's a movie.
    here: https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...81#post1043581

Anybody who's seen it - how different is it from what I described? Should I be contacting a lawyer? (that is a joke)

It sounds like it's more about the team bosses, which is, to me, an insane choice, but I suppose helps them ride on Ford v Ferrari and whatever. I wonder if someone who made that film read my post. I want to have that kind of impact in the world.

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    So..... Rally1 without the hybrids + Rally2 cars with a spec kit with larger restrictor and exhaust to reduce the gap to Rally1 cars....
    (Rally1- & Rally2+)
    https://www.fia.com/news/technologie...l-meeting-2024

Oh... are they reading here?
    "The service park set-up will follow a new model with manufacturers allocated locally sourced structures as a working space. As well as saving costs and reducing the amount of transportation required, the move provides more flexibility, should the service park location change during an event. It also reduces the total area required for the service park by event organisers.
    To allow organisers to adopt less rigid formats, reduce liaison section distances and spread the reach of events, remote service opportunities will be encouraged with teams permitted to carry limited parts in a small support vehicle."
    Last edited by fiscorpun; 28th February 2024 at 15:23.

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    From 2026, revised Rally1 technical regulations for the WRC’s top-level category will be introduced based on the current Rally1 concept. These regulations will run alongside the current Rally1 regulations for the 2026 season. These new rules will use a common safety cell to reduce costs and complexity, and allow manufacturers and tuners to develop cars with their own bodywork based on production models including B-class, C-Class, compact SUV or a Concept Car designed to tight technical criteria such as centre of gravity and aerodynamics in order to equalize performance.

So...... same as previous generation DTM cars??

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    About WRC in 2025/2026..
    Technical

-The current Rally1 car will continue as the WRC’s flagship vehicle in both 2025 and 2026 but with modifications to reduce cost and performance. These include the removal of the plug-in hybrid unit, with the performance compensated by a reduction in overall weight, and a reduction in the air restrictor and aerodynamics.
    *So no more HY system and only ICE in 2025 and 2026?

Rally2 cars will continue in their current form for the duration of their homologation.....
    However, Rally2 cars competing on WRC events from 2025 and beyond will have an option to run with a WRC kit consisting of a larger restrictor, a larger exhaust, an optional paddle shift gearbox and a rear wing with the objective of reducing the performance gap between Rally1 and Rally2 cars.
    * something like RRC was years ago between WRC and R5?

The power output will be targeted at 330hp, with the engine performance controlled by a reference torque curve for all cars. Engine and transmission will be cost-capped and technology limited to Rally2 equivalence. Aerodynamic efficiency will be limited along with a top speed restriction to reduce development and cost.
    *not buffed up rally2, but downgraded rally1 then..?

The cost per car will be capped at €400,000 and WRC manufacturers will be required to make their cars available for sale directly from the finish parc fermé of a WRC event.
    * so teams MUST put their cars on sale after every rally and.. there is a possibility they have to make new cars for every rally..?
    How does it fit in cost reducing? A lot of new staff to keep making new cars..?
    A bit confusing to me at the moment..

400k seems quite optimistic plan, as rally2 cars are 250k+ at the moment.

At the earliest opportunity, an electric category will be introduced into the WRC with the FIA technical department charged with establishing suitable technical regulations that could utilise the new Rally1 safety cell and achieve parity of performance with Rally1 cars running on sustainable fuel.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (28th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    From 2026, revised Rally1 technical regulations for the WRC’s top-level category will be introduced based on the current Rally1 concept. These regulations will run alongside the current Rally1 regulations for the 2026 season. These new rules will use a common safety cell to reduce costs and complexity, and allow manufacturers and tuners to develop cars with their own bodywork based on production models including B-class, C-Class, compact SUV or a Concept Car designed to tight technical criteria such as centre of gravity and aerodynamics in order to equalize performance.

Sounds the same as Rally1 2022-2024.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    SKODA already posting an "Im Interested" emoji in the DirtFish publication of this article! HOHOHOHO

9. Likes: Eli (28th February 2024),EstWRC (28th February 2024),Jewy46 (29th February 2024),WRC1 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    No, exactly same as current Rally1 cars.

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    It's great news imo. There are still few question marks, but looks like steps to the right direction imo.

12. Likes: Jewy46 (29th February 2024),WRC1 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    SKODA already posting an "Im Interested" emoji in the DirtFish publication of this article! HOHOHOHO

14. Likes: Eli (28th February 2024),EstWRC (28th February 2024),fiscorpun (28th February 2024),Jewy46 (29th February 2024),lmmjvss (28th February 2024),WRC1 (28th February 2024)