Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Think the whole point is to equalize Rally 1 and Rally 2 cars in a similar fashion to what ACO and IMSA do with LeMans Hypercars (LMH) and LeMans Daytona hybrid (LMDh).
    And then make lmp2/rally2 only for national/regional?

Liked 157 Times in 58 Posts
    The cost of a Rally2+ car with paddle shift etc. wont be far off the 400k cap for Rally1 I imagine, might risk reducing the number of local drivers in Rally2. But it´s awesome that they´ve dared to take these quite radical decisions, going to be really exciting to follow!
    Development Engineer, Co-driver, 2x Swedish Champion (R2)

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    What? The car that Serderidis bought only raced with him and Munster (cause he supported him).

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I’m confused as to what category this Rally2+ will be eligible for. When I first read it I thought it was with the aim Rally2+ and Rally1- being of equal (ish) performance. But re-reading it, is it still meant to be for WRC2? If so, does the standard Rally2 class become the WRC3 category?

5. Likes: focus206 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I’m confused as to what category this Rally2+ will be eligible for. When I first read it I thought it was with the aim Rally2+ and Rally1- being of equal (ish) performance. But re-reading it, is it still meant to be for WRC2? If so, does the standard Rally2 class become the WRC3 category?
    I believe Rally2 stays as is and is run in WRC2. Then Rally1 is slowed down and Rally2 with WRC kit is faster and intended to be close to Rally1 performance and it will be competing for overall with Rally1.

7. Likes: focus206 (28th February 2024),WRC1 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    That's what I'm wondering as well... if they stay within WRC2 then it's quite unfair for the regular Rally2 cars as they'll have very little chance. On the other hand, how many chances would these Rally2+ have against Rally1?
    The best outcome would be that Rally2+ do have some chances, otherwise I don't know who would choose to run them if they're clearly slower than Rally1 and clearly faster than Rally2. Maybe for their own Rally2+ championship? God, I hope not.

9. Likes: dimviii (28th February 2024),Merten (29th February 2024)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I believe Rally2 stays as is and is run in WRC2. Then Rally1 is slowed down and Rally2 with WRC kit is faster and intended to be close to Rally1 performance and it will be competing for overall with Rally1.
    Hopefully it's as you say and there won't be a huge difference between Rally1 and Rally2+

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    I think this could be a good step in the right way!
    Lets hope the Rally1- and the Rally2plus are close enough to each other in performance!
    But thats gonna be the tricky part i think.

Giving tuners the option to build cars from existing models is a great idea!

So current rally 1 manufactors can keep the developed cars kind of (downgraded, but basecar stays the same). While Bigger or better funded teams can build over to the WRC2 plus class.. Good solution!

the 2024 season started nice. But now looking forward to the build up for the 2025 season also already..Who's gonna do what wich cars wil be plus version,..

The freedom off organisers on event style's is also good.

Liked 37 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Hopefully it's as you say and there won't be a huge difference between Rally1 and Rally2+
    This has to be the case, otherwise they would have just removed the hybrid and called it a day. The only reason for the smaller restrictor is to bring the power closer to Rally2+.

13. Likes: WRC1 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Crazy to think that (FIA?) F1 is removing part of the hybrid for 26, removing the hybrid in WRC, allowing ICE cars to come back to Rallycross, they have space for non-hybrid cars in WEC, they cancelled eTCR, they are going for Hydrogen in Extreme-E. There is talk about BTCC planing to remove their hybrid, Indycar keeps postponing thw Hybrid engines (which will be expensive and be removed after two years of teams reducing their operations). Its almost like every motorsport fan was correct all the time and they choosed to just make everybody lose money with these "Gotta go Greener" stuff. Next step are probably SUVs haha Too big, too heavy. Its just UGLY. In Brasil and Argentina, their stock car series are.shifting to that. V8SC and Nascar are next. Even those american off road racing in short tracks with 900hp V8 Trucks are talking about SUVs. Nitro Rallycross and ExtremeE race SUVs. Not huge success if we are being honest, and I LIKE these series.
    Idk, just thought about this. Its like "oh, fans are winning? They are removing hybrids and evs from racing?" Haha cheers to that.
    (fia electric GTs will not last two season, just like eTCR)