Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Well but aren't the future Rally1 basically that? Rally2 with safety cell, a bit more powerful and a bit larger aero. So FIA can make a variant with less aero, less tuned engines, limited suspension or something and call it Rally2. Basically like an old LMP1/LMP2 situation.

To me it seems like future Rally1s are closer to today's Rally2 than Rally1, excluding the safety cell.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Dirtfish podcast on this suggests the only long-term future for WRC is to allow whatever car / propulsion / fuel manufacturers want to use and equalise performance through handicapping.

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th April 2024),WRCStan (16th April 2024)
    Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    But important question is - what is the future?
    this may sound really weird but "autonomous" "transportation" are "part" of the future, right? if wec is cleaver, they will add that to 24h of Le Mans. where hypercars must do a "1 hour stint on fully autonomous mode". i understand thats really weird, but its a really interesting challenge and it could attract some investments and casual eye balls.

wrc would get some clicks if one driver starts competing with an "a.i. / gps" as co-driver in one or two events lol totally not what i think motorsport represents but it is a world championship after all. and if we want to talk about future. (meh)

also talking about "the future", after "millenials" and "gen-z" we have the people born after 2011. the "gen alpha".
    they are staaaarting to reach that age where people start to get hooked on stuff, like musical genre and sports.
    i dont see rallying being on the top of these fellow's lists =/

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    i understand thats really weird, but its a really interesting challenge and it could attract some investments and casual eye balls.
    I doubt AI driving is future of motorsport lol. Chess engines are much better than homo sapiens for years but people still prefer to watch Carlsen vs Nakamura than Stockfish vs AlphaZero

7. Likes: becher (16th April 2024)
    Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    I doubt AI driving is future of motorsport lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fv2HR6Sc48
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

9. Likes: Backa (16th April 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    I doubt AI driving is future of motorsport lol. Chess engines are much better than homo sapiens for years but people still prefer to watch Carlsen vs Nakamura than Stockfish vs AlphaZero
    unless alphazero is using a buttplug.................. (weird inside joke, hope you got that lol)
    but yeah, no. NEVER, honestly. buuut i dont deny that i'd like to see the '1 hour' (or one lap, whatever) stint at le mans 24h on full autonomous, cuz it seems a place for something like that. or no, whatever, i barely watch that, what am i talking about haha

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Wtf are you talking about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    hahaha totally off topic, but there was this weird thing last year in the world of chess where a teen beat one of the best players in the competition, but then this older player started saying stuff like that in order to justify his lost and to try to appeal against the teenager, saying he was probably cheating somehow. your regular chess-world stuff haha

Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    It's a very long race in France.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi