Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig Breen

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    For sure he was extremely unlucky.
    I mentioned it previously and I still believe it.

But, since you already found 2 other cases that a wooden pole penetrated the windshield in the last decade (fortunately not fatal).
    Maybe it is not so rare in order to ignore it and not to take it into consideration for possible safety measurements.

I am not suggesting a solution, there are so many clever people around motorsport to find something innovative.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    This thread turned into an autism competition really fast... from covering every tree and pole with hayballs and protective stuff to using jet materials for car windows... maybe we can put lifeguards on every lake in finland as well so we can avoid drownings... and why not bulletproof armour around the car... kubica would be absolutely fine in an armoured vehicle....

i really would like to hear the opinions of safety autists on the TT... lol

Poor Craig.... its a pity that your demise due to sheer bad luck turned into a "who is the biggest retard" competition among rally fans....
    I find this post completely unacceptable especially given the circumstances. You are calling forum members "autists" and "retard". Maybe you should go away again. I've reported this post. Frankly you are disgusting.

3. Likes: Corcaíoch (15th April 2023),J4MIE (15th April 2023),Katvala (15th April 2023),Myrvold (19th April 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    He may not have won a WRC event, although he came close with several podiums. But he had victories in ERC and many national events.

#M-SPORTER

5. Likes: cali (15th April 2023),Eli (15th April 2023),Katvala (15th April 2023)
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I find this post completely unacceptable especially given the circumstances. You are calling forum members "autists" and "retard". Maybe you should go away again. I've reported this post. Frankly you are disgusting.
    well given the things mentioned in here a lot of them qualify for both titles...

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    there are definately stronger materials available than they use now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kym3FJOg4
    On twitter there were mentions of some type of plastic they use in NASCAR.

For side windows it should be quite simple, front one might be more difficult.

Changing the material of the windows has zero impact on the sport itself, unlike for example HANS had.

Major accident happens... Car is on fire and the doors are blocked.. driver tries to break the space tech window... Fails...

Lets ban motorsport all together... Safest option

Liked 60 Times in 25 Posts
    If anyone needs, this is the location
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/S3tDjqwbwhDc6Mre8

10. Likes: er88 (15th April 2023),MarkoS (15th April 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by matija_1988 View Post
    If anyone needs, this is the location
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/S3tDjqwbwhDc6Mre8
    this does not look like the place at all on google maps... did they put that fence there the last 3 years ?

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    this does not look like the place at all on google maps... did they put that fence there the last 3 years ?
    According to Croatian media the fence is only there for a short time.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Major accident happens... Car is on fire and the doors are blocked.. driver tries to break the space tech window... Fails...

Lets ban motorsport all together... Safest option
    I normally pipe up when you start banding the autism stick.
    However, I do agree with your basic comments, just a pity you have to embellish them with your usual nonsense. I was going to mention the TT. People die every year, but all competitors know the consequence.
    Even one Irish family has lost many people through road racing but still continue because it is in their blood. I was also going to mention how far a car can travel once it’s left the road so where do you stop when trying to bubble wrap every potential hazard.

And it’s all very well using some form of impenetrable material for windows but then what happens when a crew is trapped inside a burning vehicle and emergency crews can’t get in to save them?