Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    SENSATIONAL! That race was nuts! I don't think I've ever seen a more action-packed race in my life!

Of course, Vermeulen winning was just the icing on the cake. I'm almost speechless.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rossi probably made a wrong tyre choice, and worned (is that word correct?) his tyres too much
    Worned = wore.

Both Rossi and Edwards appear to have gambled on 'light rain' so ran hard compound wets, which would have worked if a dry line had appeared. Unfortunately for them it just got wetter and wetter.

Really amazing stuff - Frenchies rode like demons, Pedrosa rode like never before in the rain, Hayden looked like a different rider, Edwards from pole to nowhere, Elias down - oh hang on that's not so odd - Hoffman beating Rossi, Vermeulen's first win, Guintoli leading/crashing/pitting/returning to finish just outside the top 10... did I miss anything? : )
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you think Chris is related to French rugby ace Elvis Vermeulen. Probably not.

Isnt Kevin Schwantz starting to look old, and he'd hardly be 40 yet. Still, he has suffered alot of pain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Crikey, where did all these Aussies come from on this forum?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    lol

weve been here since the old forum mate
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Yeah an exciting race, Guintoli and De Puniet actually leading, poor Hayden crashing, Vermeulen takes first win. Excellent result in 125's for Bradley Smith, first podium, hopefully the first of many, a future star??? Keep him away from superbikes.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Great race, respect for Vermeulen!!!
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember when Vermy signed for Suzook there were people on this forum saying that he'd thrown his career away. Ha!

BTW rumour has it that Kevin Schwantz may manage a sattellite Suzuki team with Alex deAngelis riding.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    I remember when Vermy signed for Suzook there were people on this forum saying that he'd thrown his career away. Ha!

BTW rumour has it that Kevin Schwantz may manage a sattellite Suzuki team with Alex deAngelis riding.
    That's right Jim. It's always best to get in with a factory and given that the Pons team folded anyway, it was a masterstroke decision.

There is also a rumour of the Aspar team wanting to head to MotoGP with either Zook or Kwak. Hopefully there can be a Schwantz satellite Suzuki team and an Aspar Kawasaki satellite team to bump up a few numbers on the grid.

Oops, forgot to mention congrats on 1,000 posts fella. And here's to 1,000 more good posts.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure where the sponsorship will come from for all these rumoured new teams, but I'd be over the moon to see Ten Kate Honda, Schwantz Suzuki and Aspar Kwaka on the track.