Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    As long as they all have the same tire spec, i do not see any problem at all!
    Thats the problem. Not all teams are getting the same specifications. My money is on Ferrari getting the class tyres. Watch Kimi and Massa run with the title next year.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, this nothing more than another example of the business that is F1. Iīm not saying nothing new, and this has been said before in this thread:

Thatīs not fair for the sport but itīs legal. So go on with it, and see haw teams react to this wen the season has started.
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, itīs ****ing freezing cold

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    This is not a big deal. Some teams have to pay more while others don't. This is a comercial policy that should not affect the championship and/or racing, unless there is going to be differences with the tires supplied to the teams.

As long as they all have the same tire spec, i do not see any problem at all!
    My turn to agree with you!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Thats the problem. Not all teams are getting the same specifications. My money is on Ferrari getting the class tyres. Watch Kimi and Massa run with the title next year.

Who said that???

BS say it will be the same tyre specifications for all!
    Quote from http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56009

"Bridgestone in 2007, as the single tyre supplier present in F1, will supply tyres according to the rules laid out by the FIA. The rules state that we will make available identical quantities and specifications of tyres for tests and races, which is our intention.

"We aim to be fair and equitable in our tyre supply in F1. Our contracts with teams are compliant with the rules for 2007.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Think of F1 more as a competition, and that competition starts long before the lights go green.
    All very true, but Bridgestone are no longer in competition with Michelin, they are in "competition" with themselves as the sole tyre supplier.

By having different contracts with teams, perhaps they are looking at 2007 as a way to reward "their" teams (for using their product when they were in competition with Michelin) before the 2008-10 rules come into force
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    All very true, but Bridgestone are no longer in competition with Michelin, they are in "competition" with themselves as the sole tyre supplier.

By having different contracts with teams, perhaps they are looking at 2007 as a way to reward "their" teams (for using their product when they were in competition with Michelin) before the 2008-10 rules come into force
    It wasn't Bridgestone I was referring to in this instance, it was the teams who have used their status to get the 'free' deal. Getting the best deal for your team is a result of having a hyper-competitive outlook.

As for Bridgestone rewarding 'their' teams.....so they should. They were the teams who already had a contract, they were the ones who had 'invested' in Bridgestone. Quid Pro Quo and all that.

But even so, I expect Honda, Renault, Mclaren & BMW are getting 'free' tyres too. Probably even SuperAguri.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The teams are lucky Bridgestone didn't decide to pull out at the same time...

Each team did it's own deal with Bridgestone. Teams already with Bridgestone who would have signed contracts based on how they would be expected to perfrom and promote the Bridgestone as well as the number of test days they would devote to tyre testing. Toyota, Williams and Ferrari in particular probably have great contracts with Bridgestone. At one point Toyota were saying Bridgestone should give them more tyres over winter because of their contract. On the other hand, there is not that much the ex-Michelin teams can offer Bridgestone so why should they get the same contract as Ferrari when Bridgestone have just had to double their output of F1 tyres and will probably get less promotion.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    It wasn't Bridgestone I was referring to in this instance, it was the teams who have used their status to get the 'free' deal. Getting the best deal for your team is a result of having a hyper-competitive outlook.
    Sorry 'bout that
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Makes sense. Bridgestone are supporting the teams that supported them for years. While I dont agree with it from a sporting point of view, I would do the same for my customers. In fact, we do that already for our loyal customers. A guy who walks off the street and wants the same deal as a customer of mine who has bought from us every month for the last 20 years is not going to get the same deal.
    I agree! You expect them not to give back loyalty to those that have helped them and chose their tyres in previace years? Ah, well, too bad for the ex-michelin runners!

My guess was right then- the ones that have brigestones before allready have a slight cushion over the others. I don't really care- as long as ferrari is doing well!
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I expected that Ferrari would have a huge advantage due to the tyres being designed around their car, but even I didn't assume that Bridgestone made different offers to everyone for the same equipment.
    I said at the time that with Bridgestone's favouritism and Michelin having no intention of being in a sole tyre series they should really have got a third party for 2007. I guess I still stand by that.