Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

First Among Equals

Or maybe not. It seems that Bridgestone have varied their deals with different teams on the 2007 grid

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56009

The single tyre supplier regulation doesn't officially come into place until 2008 so I guess Bridgestone are within their rights to do whatever they please in 2007
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Makes sense. Bridgestone are supporting the teams that supported them for years. While I dont agree with it from a sporting point of view, I would do the same for my customers. In fact, we do that already for our loyal customers. A guy who walks off the street and wants the same deal as a customer of mine who has bought from us every month for the last 20 years is not going to get the same deal.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's to the fairness of the sport!
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    There's nothing unfair about it.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    In a business/legal sense 555-04Q2 is absolutely right. Bridgestone have no obligation to provide the same level of service to each and every team. They do from 2008 onwards.

Due to Michelin's withdrawl they find themselves in the position of sole tyre supplier a year earlier than planned. Not their fault.

However, I also agree with 555-04Q2 in that "I dont agree with it from a sporting point of view".
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which is exactly my point, not that Bridgestone are not allowed to do as they please but the sport is again being altered.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I always supected that in F1, certain teams are more equal than others. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If some teams have to pay, and some don't, it is going to create resentment but that's for the teams to resolve with BS.

If however, there is any discrepancy between the specs being supplied, then it will be a huge issue.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Makes sense. Bridgestone are supporting the teams that supported them for years. While I dont agree with it from a sporting point of view, I would do the same for my customers. In fact, we do that already for our loyal customers. A guy who walks off the street and wants the same deal as a customer of mine who has bought from us every month for the last 20 years is not going to get the same deal.
    Well said.
    Formula 1

Funny how those who ran on Michelins didn't complain in 05 about the performance being unequal.

Why do people still believe that fairness has anything to do with Formula One? If it did, then Spyker would have the same budget as Mclaren, who would have the same budget as Ferrari who would have the same as Renault etc, etc.

Think of F1 less as a sport in a corinthian way, because there is feck all corinthian about any of the teams.

Think of F1 more as a competition, and that competition starts long before the lights go green.

This is just the latest example, but it won't be the last.