Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Red Bull remind Mercedes 'Lauda backed let them race principle'
    Sam Hall
    Tuesday 14 December 2021 04:00

Red Bull team principal Chrisitan Horner has struck back at Mercedes by reminding Toto Wolff that Niki Lauda "pushed hard" for the 'let them race' principle to be introduced in F1.

Three-time world champion Niki Lauda was a crucial member of the Mercedes set up until his passing in 2019, holding the position of non-executive chairman.

The Austrian played a key role in securing the services of Lewis Hamilton from McLaren in 2013 and acted as an advisor and confidant for team principal Wolff.

After the controversial way in which the 2021 championship was decided, Lewis Hamilton losing in a final-lap shootout to Max Verstappen, Horner reminded Mercedes of Lauda's belief in the 'let them race' system.

“We never wanted to end up in front of the stewards," said Horner after Mercedes had two protests dismissed by the stewards.

"There was obviously a lot of debate before the race. As it turned out, it was very different after the race but we don’t go racing with barristers and so on. It was a shame it ended up there but the stewards’ made the right call.

“We’ve talked about 'let them race'. Niki Lauda was the guy that pushed hard for it and we’ve always talked about not finishing races under safety cars.
    "I think the race director in difficult circumstances made absolutely the right call."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/73...ace-principle/

Mercedes’ post-title appeal suddenly in doubt
    ANDREW MAITLAND
    DECEMBER 14, 2021

Max Verstappen has revealed that Mercedes boss Toto Wolff finally offered belated congratulations for his title win the day after Sunday’s epic and controversial 2021 season finale.

While Lewis Hamilton and his father Anthony both personally congratulated the new world champion immediately after the race in Abu Dhabi, a furious Wolff chose instead to focus on first protesting and then vowing to appeal the decisions of race management.

But it now emerges that Mercedes may in fact let Thursday’s deadline for pushing ahead with the appeal process pass, with London’s Times newspaper saying Wolff fears a PR backlash and reputational damage.

Red Bull clearly intends to fight any official appeal, with Red Bull boss Christian Horner flying back to the UK to prepare for that rather than taking part in any extended celebrations in the Middle East.

Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone certainly advises Mercedes to drop it.

When told that Hamilton suspected the FIA had “manipulated” the race result, Ecclestone said: “I’d like to know who has been manipulating and is clever enough to do that.

https://grandpx.news/mercedes-post-t...enly-in-doubt/

Toto Wolff's 'private text' to Max Verstappen as Mercedes consider dropping appeal
    Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff has reportedly sent a text to Max Verstappen congratulating him on winning his first F1 world title following a highly-controversial Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

BY Nick Murphy
    Sports Reporter
    19:16, 13 DEC 2021
    UPDATED19:55, 13 DEC 2021

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff reportedly sent a congratulatory text message to Red Bull driver Max Verstappen in the wake of his World Championship win at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Wolff, who owns a 30% share in the German constructor, was probably more shellshocked than anyone at the way events unfolded at the Yas Marina Circuit.

Verstappen, 24, won his first title under the most dramatic of circumstances, capitalising on a late safety car and some questionable decisions from Michael Masi to pass Lewis Hamilton on the final lap.

Masi's decision to allow the five lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen to overtake the safety car on the final lap of the race sparked fury in the Mercedes garage.

Continues here;

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...dhabi-25688362

WILD ONE
    Mercedes chief Toto Wolff filmed crowd surfing and partying the night away as he puts Lewis Hamilton disappointment behind him after dramatic Formula 1 title finale

Jackson Cole
    13th December 2021, 11:08 am
    Updated: 13th December 2021, 11:22 am

The Formula 1 title finale was as dramatic as they came and ended in heartbreak for Lewis Hamilton – but that didn’t stop Mercedes chief Toto Wolff from celebrating through the night.

Fans were treated to the most dramatic finish to a F1 season ever, as defending champion Hamilton was pipped to the post by Red Bull rival Max Verstappen on the final lap in the final race of the campaign.

Continues here;

https://talksport.com/sport/motorsport/1001477/

Max Verstappen Fans Are Crazy!
    Aug 27, 2021

Chris Stone
    Super Max is F1 world champion Yessss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1xgANtVtJw

Dutch Fans React to MAX VERSTAPPEN becoming F1 World Champion
    Dec 12, 2021

What a crazy race to end this crazy season of F1, hope you enjoy the reactions.

BaboFromThe8
    I literally woke up at 6AM and woke my parents up to watch the race, we were all so happy and hyped for Max. Mexico is Verstappen territory, cheers guys! ���� ����

Martin Pospisil
    I was crying when Max overtook Hamilto. Cheers from Czechia.

Haowei Tang
    I started shouting “I cannot believe this” once Max defended Lewis’s attack one last time and headed to the last corner, then it was just tear and joy. Just as happy as u guys

Tech 4u
    Praise to Perez for his loyalty and superb driving whole season long.
    Also Honda did a good job bij finishing top 5 with 3x honda engines!

AceGoat
    Absolutely incredible. I was cheering at the top of my voice. He deserved it in every way, most wins, most podiums, most fastest laps and most laps led. Verstappen/Redbull fan here from the UK

Hot Tamale Kid
    Epic superMax! Checo’s battle with Lewis was legendary. The dynamic duo!! Can’t wait until next season

Kimi
    I started balling when he got through the final corner. Hearing his radio made me 10 times more emotional. This is the most deserved championship win since Nico in 2016

Stacker Coding
    I cant even just start to imagine how this feels for dutch people, I am from spain and I almost cried when I saw him crossing the finish line, such a good season he fought, we will remember this for decades, have a good one guys, enjoy it

chadbailey30
    Not Dutch but this pretty much looks like how my house was in the US!!! All my kids love Max and went ape shit when he made that final pass

saitamahonda
    Great reaction video! Half way around the world and we were going through the same feelings! Heart pounding! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

nsky
    I'm Brazilian, but I screamed as much as you guys, I probably bothered the neighborhood kkkkkkkk

suffer
    i was screaming at the top of my lungs when he made that massive dive bomb into turn 5, then my stomach drop when lewis got a good run into turn 9, but i should've expected max to not back out! WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin Broniszewski
    I'm still in shock! What a finish to an absolutely spectacular season. Congrats Max!!!

Justin Broniszewski
    I'm still in shock! What a finish to an absolutely spectacular season. Congrats Max!!!

Shade 60
    Best reaction video ive seen. My heart has never raced so hard like that last lap! Max is a fighter and he deserved the victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99k2Ep9hUE

"This Is The Ultimate Dream" | Max Verstappen Interview After Winning World Title
    Dec 13, 2021

New world champion Max Verstappen reflects on his journey from karting to his maiden Formula 1 title after his last gasp victory in Abu Dhabi.

Wynand Du Plessis
    You can hear his respect and feelings for Lewis. Those people who accused him of being a bad winner with not acknowledging Lewis had it all wrong. Congratulations, Max - and all the Verstappens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxBdYC6CQDc

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Just to add.....

Max also had 6 fastest laps. I'm not sure how the DHL award does the tie breaker.

Most poles

Most laps led

Most podiums

.... all belonged to Max. And he did so with 3 DNF's as opposed to Hamilton's single DNF.

The overtaking thing is kind of a laugh, but I'm glad Alonso and Vettel poked some fun at it near the end.

As for Perez, the only articles I've seen claim fear of engine failure, and not wanting to risk extending the safety car if it went boom. Underfueling could make sense, but I would think at some point that would be revealed. But then again, easy to claim one vs the other too.
    He was quite magnificent this season. Redbull gave him a brilliant car and he took the fight to Hamilton and Mercedes as he promised. It would have been a stellar championship win if Masi had not shat on it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: N. Jones (14th December 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    F1 Abu Dhabi 2021 Final Lap Thriller | Verstappen vs Hamilton [Live Reaction] | CROWD GOES WILD
    Dec 12, 2021

Hell lotta screaming. Let's go Max! Location courtesy: Lord of the Drinks, Worli, Mumbai.

Jasper Vos
    This was literally EVERY living room in the Netherlands, glad you guys enjoyed it too! (ps, poor Hamilton fan on the right, do feel sorry for him)

Huib Akihary
    the Miracle of Abu Dhabi. this final lap is already a historic moment for Max, for Holland, for the Dutch and all those F1 fans all over the world. I thought Holland was going crazy like hell when Max finished as 1st, but you all in Mumbai are even more crazy!. Thank you for all your support! Thank you and cheers.

Mark Symonds
    I have never seen F1 racing get a reaction like that. I have not watched F1 seriously for years. This race has stirred my interest again. Never been a fan of Hamilton because of the tantrums he used to throw after races, as i always thought he was bigger than that. But watching him behave on the track the way he did on that last lap and after the race he is the real deal imo. Verstappen is going to push Hamilton to another level.

Theories16
    Warms the heart to see so many ppl from different countries be so happy for Verstappen.. As a dutchman it brings a tear to the eye... We were sooo happpy!!

Moon L
    i must say ive probably watched the final lap about 20 different times on different videos, angles and commentaries. but this one has got to be the most exciting one (after the one i witnessed live of course) The emotion of your crowd really got me fevering with max again

Moontide
    I will watch this over and over and over again, TY for all the emotion !

devey123
    Massive respect for the two drivers for giving us an epic finish. Thanks for the vid m8!

Rodrigo Iunes
    Better than soccer world cup finals. Unforgetable F1 season.

B iesel
    As a life long F1 fan this was one of the greatest races I ever witnessed, and by far the greatest season I have ever witnessed. On top of that, there are MILLIONS of new F1 fans around the world after this one.

Alex Niehaus
    I was acting like these people in my house in the US by myself as my wife and son were gone. My dogs looked at me like I had lost my mind. Unbelievable moment.

Daniel
    My dad and I were going just this wild when we were watching the tv. Sooooo happy for max this is the most excited I’ve ever been about anything in my life

Arka Dey
    I am watching F1 since 2003, but never had such kind of experience before on the last race, greatest season for me till now. Thanks Max���� and Lewis����. Also to Checo���� and Valtteri���� for your supports to the teams. Best of luck for the 2022 season. Kimi ����… best wishes for your future..

giannapple
    I’m italian. I’m a Ferrari fan since l was 9 years old. l have been an Azzurri fan since even before. l have never been as happy as today, not even when Italy won the recent European Football Championship, not even when Schummi won his first F1 championship for Ferrari. Well done Max, well done Red Bull. And thanks to you and Hamilton/Merc for having made this season a legendary one.

Troy Armstrong
    I nearly fainted when Max overtook lewis, as an American fan since 2012 This may be the single greatest F1 moment I have witnessed so far. Max earned this imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr4kzFA9qyA

La BRUTAL REACCION de TOTO WOLFF y CHRISTIAN HORNER al DUELO entre MAX VERSTAPPEN Y LEWIS HAMILTON
    Dec 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1MmD3sEys

My family is going crazy at Max Verstappen's final lap in Abu Dhabi
    Dec 13, 2021

Sunday, December 12, 2021 was a very beautiful and special day for me and my relatives. I've been following Formula 1 since I was 5 years old and only now, 53 years later, can I experience that a Dutchman becomes F1 world champion. Max Verstappen and Red Bull Racing thank you for this wonderful gift! And in this video, enjoy our rollercoaster of emotions during the historic and epic final round of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Starring: Josje de Klerk (my wife), Vito van Vleuten (my son), Luna van Vleuten (my daughter) en Alano Peper (son of my ex wife). Unfortunately my youngest daughter Soleil van Vleuten was missing because she had to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyW5C6M4F8

MAX verstappen world champion little fans go grazy
    Dec 13, 2021

MAX Verstappen abu dabhi little friends go grazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaI2f_GPNX4

Max Verstappen World Champion F1 2021 @ Cafe Toptimer Den Haag 12-12-2021
    Dec 12, 2021

Max Verstappen World Champion F1 2021 @ Cafe Toptimer Den Haag 12-12-2021 The last lap of Max Verstappen first world championship @ cafe TopTimer in the city of The Hague in Netherlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdaN6zOM5yI

Max Verstappen is 2021 Formula 1 World Champion!
    Dec 12, 2021

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a brand-new World Champion and this is how it happened. @Max Verstappen won his first World Drivers’ Championship at the end of one of the most dramatic title-deciders in Formula One history, passing rival Lewis Hamilton to take the lead and the race win on the last lap of a thrilling Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. It's been quite the journey for Max since joining the @Red Bull programme in 2014 at the age of 17 years old. Today, in Abu Dhabi he completed his dream, to become F1 World Champion...

Thank you for an unforgettable season, Max and Red Bull Honda!!! And Checo...I don't know what to say, what a man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL__lS856ug

How Max Verstappen Trained To Become F1 World Champion
    Dec 12, 2021

It's no secret that life as a Formula 1 driver at Red Bull is pretty fun, and in Max's time with @Red Bull Racing Honda he's been put through some pretty unique training sessions which we're certain is the reason he's now the F1 World Champion �� �� Which of these super Max moments is your favourite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHs8xGHK0T4

[B]Verstappen World Championship Overtake Abu Dhabi GP 2021 Fan Reaction[/B]
    Dec 12, 2021

All these Things happened in this 2 minutes:
    4 bottles of beer were destroyed.
    At 1:24 the guy in the middle back falls with his face on the floor.
    A pulse of 175 bpm was reached by the left standing guy at 2:00
    Incedible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrHcPSvpuw

Crazy Indian F1 fans reaction over Max's Abu Dhabi win at BWW Hyd. #f12021 #maxverstappen #champion
    Dec 12, 2021

Janine S ❤️
    I am so happy that so many people all over the world cheered for Verstappen winning. So many British fans (and British media) are trashing him. I must say that Hamilton and his father were very classy afterwards when they congratulated him.

Nilabhra Guha
    At last when Toto was shouting "No Mikey No!" everyone was laughing��

Marleen
    MAX!! The Netherlands but as you see the whole world loves you!! You made the Dutch proud this year ��������

Bharath Reddy
    Indian fans never disappoint with their reactions��

UtrechtFanaticNL
    GOOSSEEEBUMPSS from the Netherlands ������ thank you for sharing this! Amazing people❤

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhlFAdJ3dA

FINAL LAP THRILLER! VERSTAPPEN VS HAMILTON (LIVE REACTION INDONESIA) | F1 ABU DHABI GP 2021
    Dec 13, 2021

The greatest F1 season I've ever witness. instagram.com/alfado instagram.com/teamtecno #F1 #Formula1 #F1Indonesia

Rio Immanuel
    What a day that was, great pleasure to be there watching the race all along with you lads. We witnessed history that day

ruzinavi
    i think that the moment on 3:00 speaks for it self and shows the views of 90% of people that watched and listened to the race.

Marleen
    The Dutch are so proud of you Max!! ����

Ad Bouwens
    What a match! What an emotions. I can see on their faces what happens: where the cars are, the corner, the pass, etc. Nice. Have fun boys. Greeting from that little country The Netherlands��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8ooxMCKK0

KENYA F1 FANS BEST REACTIONS TO THE 2021 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX FINAL LAP | WAS LEWIS ROBBED?
    Dec 14, 2021

Inanna
    Kenya! Thank you for supporting our man Max! Hope you all had a fantastic party! What a race!

Rogier7305
    Fantastic! We Dutchies love to see this. Greetings!

Zee Z Music
    What a moment, this is the magic of sports. The whole world was losing their minds in that last lap.

Gogeta217
    It doesn't matter your country or your language, F1 is a very beautiful thing that is capable of create this kind of emotions. ♥️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtU-wxkjytk

5. Likes: N. Jones (14th December 2021)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Just to add.....

Max also had 6 fastest laps. I'm not sure how the DHL award does the tie breaker.

Most poles

Most laps led

Most podiums

.... all belonged to Max. And he did so with 3 DNF's as opposed to Hamilton's single DNF.
    And the only reason we even had the chance to see such a close finish was due to questionable decisions and suspicious actions throughout the season.

Without bottas and hamilton taking him out, max would have been a long way ahead in abu dhabi.

The fia and masi did everything to make it end close, and they succeeded.

7. Likes: Fortitude (4th January 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    And the only reason we even had the chance to see such a close finish was due to questionable decisions and suspicious actions throughout the season.

Without bottas and hamilton taking him out, max would have been a long way ahead in abu dhabi.

The fia and masi did everything to make it end close, and they succeeded.
    You could say that for both drivers. But there were a number of occasions where if he was more experienced, he would have arrived in AbuDhabi already the world champion of 2021. First is the unnecessary fight with Hamilton at Silverstone while leading by 33 points. That leads was cut down to 8 points. The other was overdriving the qualifier of Saudi Arabia where he only needed a tenth to take pole but crashed while three tenths up. Of course, there was also bad luck like the Bottas crash and the tyre puncture that caused him to crash at Baku.

You could say the same for Hamilton. The magic button error at Baku after Verstappen crashed and he drove straight into the run area, thereby dropping down the order cost him an opportunity to recover lost points from Verstappen. The Crash at Monza where he was the clear favourite to win that race is another. And the way things turned out at Abu Dhabi in a race he had won before Latifi crashed.

It is easy to do "What if", it always comes down to what actually happened. Verstappen was very very fortunate to win the title, all things being equal, he was not going to win it. Horner got his miracle by way of Massi.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th December 2021 at 19:21.
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: N. Jones (14th December 2021)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You could say that for both drivers. But there were a number of occasions where if he was more experienced, he would have arrived in AbuDhabi already the world champion of 2021. First is the unnecessary fight with Hamilton at Silverstone while leading by 33 points. That leads was cut down to 8 points. The other was overdriving the qualifier of Saudi Arabia where he only needed a tenth to take pole but crashed while three tenths up. Of course, there was also bad luck like the Bottas crash and the tyre puncture that caused him to crash at Baku.

You could say the same for Hamilton. The magic button error at Baku after Verstappen crashed and he drove straight into the run area, thereby dropping down the order cost him an opportunity to recover lost points from Verstappen. The Crash at Monza where he was the clear favourite to win that race is another. And the way things turned out at Abu Dhabi in a race he had won before Latifi crashed.

It is easy to do "What if", it always comes down to what actually happened. Verstappen was very very fortunate to win the title, all things being equal, he was not going to win it. Horner got his miracle by way of Massi.
    Hamilton taking him out in silverstone cost him lost likely 32 points.

There were a lot of incidents and mistakes by both drivers and teams, but silverston was the real game changer.

11. Likes: Fortitude (4th January 2022)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

I agree with Nitro - both teams and their drivers did their fair share to muck up a great season.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Max overtook Lewis on the last lap in a fair fight, or am I wrong?
    That was the only fair part about the race.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

14. Likes: Fortitude (4th January 2022),Mia 01 (14th December 2021)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Can somebody help me understand why Lewis left the door wide open before Max got him? That's not how one should defend position.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    That was the only fair part about the race.
    I would be very happy to hear why you think the last lap was the only fair part of the race?
    William Shakespeare