Page 130 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1401
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Neuville is the de-facto Team Principal, and has been for years. Even during the Adamo time. He has more power in who drives and what direction the car is going in than anyone else. He controls what setup the drivers are allowed to use.

Thierry was responsible for pushing out a succession of drivers, including Paddon and Mikkelsen, so if they were to return it would simply be to solidify his position as the lead driver. He wants to keep Ott because Ott is fast and doesn't get involved in the politics side in the team.
    For comparable perspective, note that Ogier was directly asked who he wanted as his teammate when signing for Toyota at end of 2019 (besides Rovanpera). Drivers that were available and have at least won a rally before: Latvala, Meeke, Lappi, Mikkelsen, Evans.

He picked Evans, who at that time had pretty much mediocre results with only one win due to DMACK tires. During 2 years in same car at MSport he basically never was any threat to Ogier. While Latvala, Lappi and Mikkelsen all beat Ogier in same car on multiple rallies (Lappi even that same year) and Meeke did it in different car.

The official explanation was that he had good working relationship with Evans.

Imo the simpler is explanation was that Evans did not seem like any threat to Ogier. (As a side note Evans wasn't particularly stable driver at that time, especially his 2018 season was horrible).

I have no idea if any rumors about Neuville are true. But drivers pushing what is best for them even at expense of the team (and openly) is not anything new.
    Last edited by mknight; 23rd October 2022 at 05:12.

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    For comparable perspective, note that Ogier was directly asked who he wanted as his teammate when signing for Toyota at end of 2019 (besides Rovanpera). Drivers that were available and have at least won a rally before: Latvala, Meeke, Lappi, Mikkelsen, Evans.

He picked Evans, who at that time had pretty much mediocre results with only one win due to DMACK tires. During 2 years in same car at MSport he basically never was any threat to Ogier. While Latvala, Lappi and Mikkelsen all beat Ogier in same car on multiple rallies (Lappi even that same year) and Meeke did it in different car.

The official explanation was that he had good working relationship with Evans.

Imo the simpler is explanation was that Evans did not seem like any threat to Ogier. (As a side note Evans wasn't particularly stable driver at that time, especially his 2018 season was horrible).

I have no idea if any rumors about Neuville are true. But drivers pushing what is best for them even at expense of the team (and openly) is not anything new.
    Evans then had his best 2 seasons so far…I Guess he still thinks about the snow at rally di Monza

3. Likes: J4MIE (23rd October 2022),Sulland (23rd October 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I thought Evans was signed before Ogier. Ogier’s seat was just suddenly opened by Tänak

Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I thought Evans was signed before Ogier. Ogier’s seat was just suddenly opened by Tänak
    If Evans goes to MSport, there is no pressure in Toyota team to find replacement for him. Ogier hints that he might want to do a full season next, and they have Lappi.

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    So in a estonian podcast there was an intrrview with Toomas Järveoja, and from that interview you can read out pretty clearly that Ott and Martin will be driving an hyundai next season.

7. Likes: cali (23rd October 2022),flat_right (23rd October 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    So in a estonian podcast there was an intrrview with Toomas Järveoja, and from that interview you can read out pretty clearly that Ott and Martin will be driving an hyundai next season.
    And then there is Ott on Thursday vs today

Thursday's Ott when asked about where will he drive next year?. Ott (looking at his Hyundai t-shirt): In the same team where we are currently.

Today: When we will hear about the future - "We'll see what the time brings".

However, when Ott and this guy Jaan Martinson are talking, it is really hard to listen to it as Ott clearly has something with him as everything is very laconic. I really hope, when everything is finally made public, then someone from inside would give some details what was this all about... Were there talks with all the teams, were there any realistic talks about retiring...
    Last edited by flat_right; 23rd October 2022 at 15:51.

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    I mean where else could they go? Its Hyundai or home.

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    I mean where else could they go? Its Hyundai or home.
    There are some other options. As Gus said "everyone's waiting for a particular person to decide where he wants to go".

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    ANNOUNCEMENT ‼️
    I would like to announce that I have decided to end our contractual agreement with Hyundai Motorsport and leave the team at the end of the current WRC season.
    This is a personal decision and one that I have taken with careful consideration and respect for the team. However, I feel that I am at a stage of my career where I need to embark on a new challenge.
    We have had a good partnership over the past three seasons, and I am proud of what we have achieved. We have worked hard together to overcome some difficult moments, and as we’ve shown this year we have moved in the right direction. The second part of this season has shown the performance level we can achieve when things click, but for me the time has come for something new. I thank the team for its understanding and wish them all well.
    See you soon in Japan,
    Ott

12. Likes: cali (24th October 2022),Corcaíoch (23rd October 2022),dimviii (23rd October 2022),Eli (23rd October 2022),EstWRC (23rd October 2022),flat_right (23rd October 2022),Humber (23rd October 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Wow ... what a bombshell
    Let’s see what happens now but it’s a big hit for Hyundai; they still have Neuville for next year but it could fasten their withdrawal to the end of 2024 or something like that.
    Hope it’s more to go to M-Sport than Toyota.

Let’s see what Hyundai will do but really complicated to assemble something efficient in my mind... maybe a sort of mix with Mikkelsen, Suninen, Breen and Sordo to help Neuville.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 23rd October 2022 at 19:29.