Page 129 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1401
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    At rally Japan when they will announce the lineup?

Evans answer to Colin during dirtfish interview on Wednesday was also quite hairy IMO, wasn’t confident
    + Gus said in DF interview that they are waiting for a certain person to make his decision...

As I wrote before.. Evans deciding between Ford and Hyundai?

Can't think of any other driver to make one's mind about a team.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    well even Ott said during spring or beginning of summer i think in Estonian media that the team listens more to Thierry regarding the car development but he tries to fight for his own

tells quite a lot...

I would be so surpsised if Ott stays at Hyundai, if he does then he is even more dumb than i thought

Of course one demand that Ott can have at this moment is that he is listened more and that could be decisive fact for him staying
    It's one thing to say Neuville has more influence as he has been there a long time. And I can definitely see him calling driver shots now that they don't have a team leader.

But to say Neuville called the shots when Adamo was there is a bit much. I can see there being a conflict which ultimately lead to Adamo leaving but I doubt Neuville was leading the team from the shadow.

And to say he decides what setups the drivers to use... Maybe he is also telling Tanak the 2019 WDC what setup to put and also when to go to the bathroom...

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    + Gus said in DF interview that they are waiting for a certain person to make his decision...

The market doesn't wait for someone like Evans, not after the year he's had with the new cars. It's more like waiting on Tanak's decision of how many rallies and for which team he drives next year. To borrow a phrase, he's the only big dog that needs to decide something, the rest will fall into place as needed.

4. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2022),EstWRC (21st October 2022),pantealex (22nd October 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    It's one thing to say Neuville has more influence as he has been there a long time. And I can definitely see him calling driver shots now that they don't have a team leader.

But to say Neuville called the shots when Adamo was there is a bit much. I can see there being a conflict which ultimately lead to Adamo leaving but I doubt Neuville was leading the team from the shadow.

And to say he decides what setups the drivers to use... Maybe he is also telling Tanak the 2019 WDC what setup to put and also when to go to the bathroom...
    To be clear

I didn’t say or confirm those things. Just wrote what Ott himself has said which relates to this what that user wrote
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post

A hint for you

He is a Estonian.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2022),Eli (21st October 2022),pantealex (22nd October 2022),seb_sh (21st October 2022)
    To be clear

I didn’t say or confirm those things. Just wrote what Ott himself has said which relates to this what that user wrote
    gotcha, wanted to explain what i wanted backed up, certain things are clear for anyone but i think there was some creative writing involved by the other user

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    You'd be surprised... I know it's a cop out to just say 'trust me', but one day the full story will come out and I guarantee people won't quite believe what's gone on!

10. Likes: cali (22nd October 2022),Eli (22nd October 2022),EstWRC (22nd October 2022),the sniper (22nd October 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Neuville is the de-facto Team Principal, and has been for years. Even during the Adamo time. He has more power in who drives and what direction the car is going in than anyone else. He controls what setup the drivers are allowed to use.

Thierry was responsible for pushing out a succession of drivers, including Paddon and Mikkelsen, so if they were to return it would simply be to solidify his position as the lead driver. He wants to keep Ott because Ott is fast and doesn't get involved in the politics side in the team.
    I've heard similar stuff but since it was from estonian source I disregarded this information and classified as biased and did not thought about it more. The origins from this rumour came from very prominent estonian rallying character (yes estonians have seen him and actually seeing him right now on TV )

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    Does anyone know which driver's contracts expire at the end of the season?
    MS-RT

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Dietrich Mateschitz died today 78 years old. Rest in piece. It's amazing how much he did for motorsport.

Let's hope that Red Bull will continue with support of motorsport after his departure.

14. Likes: cali (23rd October 2022),steve.mandzij (23rd October 2022),Sulland (23rd October 2022),TWRC (23rd October 2022)