Page 128 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1401
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    Just noticed this interview from Dirtfish with Tanak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7g0qiAa_gY

He is asked about Oliver Solberg and if he had any say! He says "I am not like my teammate, who is organising drivers in the team"

Is this a dig at Neuville making some decisions?
    Or am I reading it the wrong way?!

EDIT: Sorry I probably have posted this in the Hyundai thread
    dislike by neuville side came already at monte, when oliver retired for the smoke in the car. neuville said something like "that's not enough team spirit".
    on the other side, tanak is looking for his way in the bottom room of hiunday. team order still hot.

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    Just noticed this interview from Dirtfish with Tanak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7g0qiAa_gY

He is asked about Oliver Solberg and if he had any say! He says "I am not like my teammate, who is organising drivers in the team"

Is this a dig at Neuville making some decisions?
    Or am I reading it the wrong way?!

EDIT: Sorry I probably have posted this in the Hyundai thread
    Well, a fey years ago there was an interview with Mikkelsen (Dirtfish maybe ) and he told that he had difficulties at Hyunday, because HY is all about Neuville.
    He said that car was developed to fit Neuville's driving style. Mikkelsen told that on gravel the car was so so drivable, but on tarmac it was disaster.

3. Likes: Sulland (23rd October 2022)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarium View Post
    Well, a fey years ago there was an interview with Mikkelsen (Dirtfish maybe ) and he told that he had difficulties at Hyunday, because HY is all about Neuville.
    He said that car was developed to fit Neuville's driving style. Mikkelsen told that on gravel the car was so so drivable, but on tarmac it was disaster.
    Mikkelsen was only at Hyundai because Neuville pushed for him in the team in the first place. As soon as big boss Adamo took full authority, Mikkelsen was soon not fancied.

Will be interesting to see if Mikkelsen goes back. If Neuville again has such a big say, you'd expect so. However there will be some in Hyundai who don't want Mikkelsen back - and it's evident he isn't fancied by many teams/bosses in the service park.

5. Likes: cali (21st October 2022)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Neuville is the de-facto Team Principal, and has been for years. Even during the Adamo time. He has more power in who drives and what direction the car is going in than anyone else. He controls what setup the drivers are allowed to use.

Thierry was responsible for pushing out a succession of drivers, including Paddon and Mikkelsen, so if they were to return it would simply be to solidify his position as the lead driver. He wants to keep Ott because Ott is fast and doesn't get involved in the politics side in the team.

7. Likes: cali (21st October 2022),Eli (21st October 2022),EstWRC (21st October 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Neuville is the de-facto Team Principal, and has been for years. Even during the Adamo time. He has more power in who drives and what direction the car is going in than anyone else. He controls what setup the drivers are allowed to use.

Thierry was responsible for pushing out a succession of drivers, including Paddon and Mikkelsen, so if they were to return it would simply be to solidify his position as the lead driver. He wants to keep Ott because Ott is fast and doesn't get involved in the politics side in the team.
    that's quite some statement, can you back it up?

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Tänak is WDC, Neuville is not. He can think or want whatever he want's, but Tänak isn't some random guy to do something Neuville says

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    that's quite some statement, can you back it up?
    well even Ott said during spring or beginning of summer i think in Estonian media that the team listens more to Thierry regarding the car development but he tries to fight for his own

tells quite a lot...

I would be so surpsised if Ott stays at Hyundai, if he does then he is even more dumb than i thought

Of course one demand that Ott can have at this moment is that he is listened more and that could be decisive fact for him staying
    Last edited by EstWRC; 21st October 2022 at 17:37.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: AndyRAC (21st October 2022)
    Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post

Ott doesn’t get involved in the politics side in the team 😁 Also cows are flying etc 😂

However I keep Ott better overall driver than Neuville. Also he is WDC.

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    When we will get first rumors that Welshman is getting booted from Toyota? It will happen, sooner than later, with these performances. Maybe not this year, but the next year could be the correct moment.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

2022 WRC News & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Hüttünen View Post
    When we will get first rumors that Welshman is getting booted from Toyota? It will happen, sooner than later, with these performances. Maybe not this year, but the next year could be the correct moment.
    At rally Japan when they will announce the lineup?

Evans answer to Colin during dirtfish interview on Wednesday was also quite hairy IMO, wasn’t confident
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -