Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hamilton, the clever opportunist

I see this guy’s consistency scoring points on the podium is coupled with his smartness reading situation or so called opportunity at the tract. He takes benefit of someone else’s battle in front of him.

He drove closely behind Alonso at Sepang when Alonso overtaking Massa and automatically he ran the second because no space for Massa to be in between of the McLaren boys.

Again in Spain he took benefit from battle of Massa and Alonso that has caused Alonso drove into gravel and took over the second position until the race finished.

He needn’t start the race from the front row or wins even a race to be a championship leader, because he has high level of consistency and a sharp instinct to get the maximum point in every race. If he didn’t hand the second position over Alonso in Melbourne, he should have taken the lead by 4 points above Alonso.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No doubt about it, he's VERY smart. I think he has the ability to make decisions during the race much like MS could. I would bet that he will dominate for a time in the future. I wonder if he'll grow tired with the "McLaren/Dennis Machine" and eventually leave for another team?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    No doubt about it, he's VERY smart. I think he has the ability to make decisions during the race much like MS could. I would bet that he will dominate for a time in the future. I wonder if he'll grow tired with the "McLaren/Dennis Machine" and eventually leave for another team?
    Unless there was a major disagreement.. Ron Dennis has done soo much for Hamilton.. most of all he belived in him.. also Mclaren are one of the most reliable teams this year(more so then Ferrari) and have great pace! why ruin a good thing?
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    The way Super Aguri is improving with every race, maybe Lewis will opt to go there next year. :

On a more sound note, Hamilton ended up finshing second because there was nowhere else to finish. He asn't going to catch the faster Massa, and Alonso never looked like catching him. I guess fousto must have told him to "drive like he stole it. "
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think he has adapted himself for F1, when required he can be very agressive as shown last year in GP2. Would be a real racing treat to see him start from the back of the grid.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Part of Lewis' strength comes from the fact that he's used to racing, wheel to wheel, rather than tooling round in test sessions. That experience counts for a lot, as demonstrated by his consistantly great starts.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Well it does (finally) prove that GP2 is good after all!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Indeed Hamilton is smart and cunning beyond his years. He looks like old veteran.
    Formula 1

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    How did he 'hand' over his position in Oz?

Hamilton - has he overtaken a car on track apart from the start of the races?

I think the only reason why he is overtaking at the start is because he's starting 4th all the time, apart from in Bahrain, when he qualified 2nd, and stayed 2nd.

Alonso, when he hasn't started at the front grid, has also made up positions at the start (Bahrain where he qualified 4th).

Not taking anything away from Hamilton, his moves at the start have been great, but I think some people are getting carried away.

Let's not forget he's completed 4 F1 races. So far he looks great, but I think people here are definately getting carried away.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raikk
    Unless there was a major disagreement.. Ron Dennis has done soo much for Hamilton.. most of all he belived in him.. also Mclaren are one of the most reliable teams this year(more so then Ferrari) and have great pace! why ruin a good thing?
    done so much but pay him. $245,000 per year is pennies. Should be an interesting off season as he will renegotiate his cintract. But McClaren is a the best option for him... for now
    you can't argue with results.