Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Virtually no overtaking but great race...

The common complaint about F1 is there is not enough overtaking and therefore F1 is boring. In yesterdays there was none after lap 3 or 4 yet it was a really interesting race with loads of stuff going on. It did help that the TV coverage was really good allowing us to watch the whole race and follow the whole story. The onboard camera of DC in the final laps alongside his gear changes and revs was revolutionary because it allowed the viewer to see exactly what he was doing to cope with his gearbox problem.

Another really good thing was the onboard camera on Fisichella when following Barrichello and being able to hear him hit the rev counter with no chance of going any faster. Perhaps thats a sign that F1 should follow champ cars lead and allow every driver a certain amount of increased revs in a race. Rather than the Alonso vs Schumacher battles at Imola ending as they started maybe there will be more chance of last lap passes like Raikkonen vs Fisichella in Suzuka or Bourdais vs Wilson in Mexico City.

The track changes over the last few years really haven't helped overtaking but the camera positioned at the chicane was ideally positioned showing how the drivers attacked the kerbs and the effect it had on the stability of the car. Maybe a slightly higher kerb would cause more problems and more opportunity for overtaking...

Also great result for Super Aguri, admittedly people retired and had problems but they kept going throughout the race and quickly to finish ahead of a Renault, two Hondas and two Spykers and unlike Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, Red Bull, Toro Rosso got both cars to the finish.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It wasn't such a bad race, especially the start and the last 10 laps or so.
    The midfield was packed with closed running for the whole race.
    I would say I liked it easily more than Malaysian and Oz GP.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Button overtook Barichello

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Trulli went past Sutil

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    There were some intriguing battles and some surprising performances. I thought Rosberg and DC were both excellent, and the Super Aguris continue to impress.

Happily, Heikki got a nice clean run, and that will do his confidence the world of good.

A pity that the Hondas could not avoid each other....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Some of us follow the race on Formula1.com as it provides split times as well as give the gaps between cars and also some commentary. Of course if you also have live coverage via TV at the same time, then it would be a bomus.

Unfortunately, we in Oz have to put up with a stupid Big Brother up-late show at 10.10 while the race starts at 10. By the time the broadcast comes on well after 11.15, the race is almost over.

I have started following the race on formula1.com on the lap top, while a chat with other members my PC.

The race has been taped, and I'll probably watch it after lunch today.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    It wasn't great, but the pants weren't bored off me. It was interesting - but still, I'd shoot the fool who devised the idea of that final chicane.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

Unfortunately, we in Oz have to put up with a stupid Big Brother up-late show at 10.10 while the race starts at 10. By the time the broadcast comes on well after 11.15, the race is almost over.
    Yepp, Network Ten's coverage is a PITA. It's like they value everything more than F1, and will put F1 on the last time slot no matter what comes before it.

I used to watch the live timing and TV both when I was in Europe, here I have to choose between one of the two.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I'd pick TV over live timing any day, personally. Watching numbers on a screen doesn't enthuse me as much as cars AND numbers on a screen :

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    A great race? You've obviously not watched many races