Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Correlation doesn't mean causation.
    True, but while 2019 manu title was both due to driver rotation and due to Meeke and Latvala crashing, 2020 title was clearly due to 3rd driver rotation.

2. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2021)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    The drivers have pushed the engineers to make the Hyundai faster, more competitive with the Toyota, and it appears from the outside to have come at the cost of some reliability. I guess for them it’s a good thing next year is a whole new car….

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    now that his 8th title is sealed, it definitely wont be his last
    His last full season, quite sure

Liked 249 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    True, but while 2019 manu title was both due to driver rotation and due to Meeke and Latvala crashing, 2020 title was clearly due to 3rd driver rotation.
    I don't know if you can pinpoint a title to a single variable. But you have a valid point.

I just find Adamo's statements and behaviour questionable. For example, after Sordo's crash here, he said something along the lines of Sordo not following the plan they had. If I were Sordo, I'd be fuming. You're the team boss. Just like a coach does in football, you protect your team. If my position is questioned in the media after every mistake, I will make more mistakes because I'm afraid. (Sordo's off wasn't even a mistake.)

I don't know the guy of course, but he seems to have some narcissistic characteristics. Also in interviews. He's a born winner, that's for sure. But when things aren't going his way, he becomes very negative and cynical. The interview about the spark plugs on Friday... He just attacked Julian Porter in that interview in a passive aggressive way. What does Hyundai get out of that?

Okay, some people need that kind of character to get the best out of themselves. For other people it's the exact opposite, they need trust (like Makinen did). I think a team boss should have the people skills to know what each person needs. And especially, protect your team. You win and lose together. That's why I don't really like the guy. People tend to do their very best just because they want to do their very best, not because someone tells them to. The team boss has to create the circumstances where people are able to do their very best.
    Last edited by Integrale; 27th June 2021 at 09:48.

6. Likes: bisak (27th June 2021),Ds3 (27th June 2021),Katvala (30th June 2021),linni (27th June 2021)
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts

8. Likes: Ha3aP (27th June 2021),the sniper (27th June 2021)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Another rally that Ogier is going to win…
    Ogier is a genius. It is unbelievable how he finds always a way to win.

10. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Yeah I agree with what you write about Adamo. Especially the first reactions after/during a rally can't be good for the drivers and for the team atmosphere.

He says himself he wants to do something at once. It seems he often doesn't think about the consequences this has for longer term than exactly that moment.

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    But was Neuville's pace too fast like most of us were saying on saturday?

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    I don't know if you can pinpoint a title to a single variable. But you have a valid point.

I just find Adamo's statements and behaviour questionable. For example, after Sordo's crash here, he said something along the lines of Sordo not following the plan they had. If I were Sordo, I'd be fuming. You're the team boss. Just like a coach does in football, you protect your team. If my position is questioned in the media after every mistake, I will make more mistakes because I'm afraid. (Sordo's off wasn't even a mistake.)

I don't know the guy of course, but he seems to have some narcissistic characteristics. Also in interviews. He's a born winner, that's for sure. But when things aren't going his way, he becomes very negative and cynical. The interview about the spark plugs on Friday... He just attacked Julian Porter in that interview in a passive aggressive way. What does Hyundai get out of that?

Okay, some people need that kind of character to get the best out of themselves. For other people it's the exact opposite, they need trust (like Makinen did). I think a team boss should have the people skills to know what each person needs. And especially, protect your team. You win and lose together. That's why I don't really like the guy. People tend to do their very best just because they want to do their very best, not because someone tells them to. The team boss has to create the circumstances where people are able to do their very best.
    Just one more parameter to take in account - I think Adamo's interviews are a bit "role play" and personally I think he is over-play that role. Some interviews and answers are ridiculous, but it's anyway question of taste - some may like it. Most likely he is completely different characters when there is in-team discussion.

The same way - watch how other drivers are describe Tänak (previously Ostberg in All-Live for example), it's a bit different description compared to "stage end interview Tänak".

14. Likes: Integrale (27th June 2021),seb_sh (27th June 2021)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Korea will most likely can Adamo end of this year unless he has a solid contract.