Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    James Allen, I don't know what race he was watching
    Spanish GP :

What makes you say otherwise?

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    James Allen, I don't know what race he was watching
    I think he does a pretty damn good job for the amount of **** races (not unlike the one we just watched) he has to commentate for.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Button didn't exactly cover himself with glory, did he?

My vote goes to the BMW lollypop man. It would go to Heidfield for driving off when there was a Toyota mechanic standing six feet in front of him holding his wheel nut, but he redeems himself for completing a lap without a corner of his car coming off.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ITV. They was cooking with Heikki in the pre-race show. WTF

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeboi999
    ITV. They was cooking with Heikki in the pre-race show. WTF
    I actually enjoy watching interviews, and the pre-show when we get to know a bit about the drivers.

I'd encourage more of it.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    For me, Toyota was the clown of the race...

And also the attitude in qualifying during Q1. They thought they can make it through on worn tyres, which meant that only one of their cars was lucky to narrowly get into Q2. Still a damn lot to learn... (hopefully they don't put slicks too early on in drying conditions any more...)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    It would go to Heidfield for driving off when there was a Toyota mechanic standing six feet in front of him holding his wheel nut,
    The wheel nut fell out of the airgun only after Heidfeld was already gone and Massa didn't even realise that his car was on fire, so I'll have to go with jenson for this award!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    The wheel nut fell out of the airgun only after Heidfeld was already gone
    I'd advise you take a second look at the footage, the Toyota mechanic stood in front of the car and waved the nut in his hand at both the team and Nick, before Nick then drove off.

Jenson was definately muppet of the day for him move on Rubens, although Alonso ran him a close second for thinking that he could get past not just one but two Ferrari's around the outside of bends. Maybe a couple of years ago Fernando, but not this year
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Jenson was definately muppet of the day for him move on Rubens, although Alonso ran him a close second for thinking that he could get past not just one but two Ferrari's around the outside of bends. Maybe a couple of years ago Fernando, but not this year
    Are you being serious?

Alonso's moves were optimistic, but considering going in the inside wasn't an option, going outside was his only choice - that or just stay behind.

From what we've seen of Massa this year, side by side combat isn't his strength, and seeing how easily he and Hamilton got past Massa in Malaysia, I think he made the right choice in trying to go round the outside, given that he would have then been on the inside for the next corner. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm sure even you don't have. I don't blame Massa, but it seems to have become acceptable to force a driver onto the grass these days.

As for his move on Kimi, it wasn't anything which I thought made Alonso look like a clown. I think it's called racing.

The same applies to Heidfeld. What exactly did he do wrong. He stayed in the pitlane for a long time, and none of his mechanics came to his rescue. Or were you people expecting him to get out of the car and do it himself? His mechanics were the clowns.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    The same applies to Heidfeld. What exactly did he do wrong. He stayed in the pitlane for a long time, and none of his mechanics came to his rescue. Or were you people expecting him to get out of the car and do it himself? His mechanics were the clowns.

I never mentioned Heidfeld.

As for 'racing'. Yes that's true Alonso was racing, but the move on Kimi was never going to work, neither was the one on Massa, both were going to have only one outcome.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja: