Power stage poses certain unfair situations and tyres is not the only one. If someone is first or second with big gap from the next one, it is not wise to risk in the last stage so he has a disadvantage. We have seen this many times because it is simply common sense. This is actually a punishment to the most successful driver of the rally. What is fair about punishing the most successful or making him take risks that are stupid to take?
Also, tyre issue cannot be solved without fresh tyres for everyone, which means an annual 15000 cost for each car. I don't know if this is a problem for teams with multi-million budgets, but I don't see any other solution.
Reducing the whole duration of actual rallying just for the Sunday TV is something that I would not like to see. Rallies are already too small, to the point that they have lost every element of adventure for the spectators. Spectating used to be an adventure and this was an element that spectators loved about rallying. Now it is like going to a hillclimb or even a football match.