Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think that it is vital for drivers to work closely with their test drivers. Ferrari, I think, have the best and a driver must learn from the test drivers feedback to help him set up the car to its best. Massa is a warm personality, and I think he will gain more from the team as the season progresses. In fct, I think I was too hasty in judging this guy before, and i won't be surprised if he wins the championship this year with that excellent red car.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bontebempo
    I get the feeling that he's just enjoying getting the cash at Ferrari. Suppose to him he has already 'won' his world championship. Getting megga bucks at Ferrari. The rest is a bonus.
    I think he wants to win the WDC, probably more than anything in the world, his switch to Ferrari was about having the better car, I can't see how you can say he is just 'there for the ride'.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    I think Kimi is a loner as bontebempo says and it is probably really impossible for him to change that.
    I did wonder how he felt with MS around, I am sure the rest of the team including Massa treated him like returning royalty, Kimi seamed to have little interest, wonder if he felt left out. Really difficult to tell when he gives so little away.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    He left the circuit. In 1988 Senna did the same without returning to the pitlane and without telling anybody. How does that affect a championship aspiration?

Of course if I was Kimi I would talk to my engineer for a while about what could be changed for next time if I wasn't happy, but other than that, what is there?

Of course, we are assuming that Kimi didn't talk to any of his engineers after the race, but as Carl said... 160 000 people around - why the hell would you stay when you have nothing else to do in the day.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why did you have to leave Mclaren Kimi!? Mclaren so far look more bullet proof then Ferrari this season.. (who would of thought eh?)

However his leaving did open the door for Hamilton to come into F1... which turned out to be one of the best things to happen to the sport this year..
    Hopefully Kimi will have more reliability for his sake..
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Well, it seems kimi had better things to do than watch a Massa parade, according a Finnish news site, he rushed home to watch the ice hockey final between Finland and Canada. The right call IMO. I doubt Massa had would have have stayed on the track if Brazil was about play for footy finals
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I doubt Massa had would have have stayed on the track if Brazil was about play for footy finals
    Especially if the race was processionally dull like yesterday, and the race result was a foregone conclusion. :\

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think Kimi needs to be team-spirited to win the WDC, but I think he should be team-spirited, if only for the mechanics and not Felipe. However, he wouldn't be feeling too happy or positive towards the team after a mechanical failure, so it's quite understandable that he'd leave the circuit.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We should remember that he is a human being after all. He came to Ferrari for the reliabilty and now Maccas are reliable, his teammate is faster and his car broke.
    Maybe he needed to be alone.
    Formula 1

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    He left the circuit. In 1988 Senna did the same without returning to the pitlane and without telling anybody. How does that affect a championship aspiration?

Of course if I was Kimi I would talk to my engineer for a while about what could be changed for next time if I wasn't happy, but other than that, what is there?

Of course, we are assuming that Kimi didn't talk to any of his engineers after the race, but as Carl said... 160 000 people around - why the hell would you stay when you have nothing else to do in the day.
    I'm sure he will talk to his engineer for a while about what could be changed for next time sooner rather than later.

As for Schumacher's presence, I definately think it wasn't a positive thing from Kimi's point of view, it's just reinforcing it's 'Michaels' team, and them living the past a bit. I'd be interested to hear what exactly he 'advises' on!?!

Apparently when Schumacher went into the garage to say hello to his former mechanics and engineers - they stopped working on Raikkonen's car and rushed over to welcome Michael back the minute he put his head round the door. Which, if true, might just be another little irritant for the Finn - couldn't they save the catch-ups for a more suitable time.