Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Hawkmoon, if you were a F1 driver and had signed for a Team that had failed to build a competitive car, but thanks your skills you manage to start in 2nd or 3rd row...what would you do at the start ? Park the car and let anyone pass you or keep the position and try to defend it ?
    He should defend his position to the best of his ability. He's very good at it too. The problem is that he always seems to be defending his position against a string of cars behind him and never seems to be the one attacking the car in front. It's a perception I have of him from watching him race for the last decade and I haven't seen enough evidence to the contrary to yet change my mind.

I'm sorry pino, your man's one of the quickest guys out there over a single lap but over 70, he's lacking something. To keep it on-topic, Webber is just as quick over 1 lap but always seems to find problems in the race. Reliability problems, accidents and bad luck seem to dog him on race day. Webber, like Trulli, will need to reverse this trend if he is to be remembered for more than his heroics on Saturday afternoons.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Maybe it would be a great idea if they swapped teams
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Maybe it would be a great idea if they swapped teams
    Neither Toyota nor Jarno would love that
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    He should defend his position to the best of his ability. He's very good at it too. The problem is that he always seems to be defending his position against a string of cars behind him and never seems to be the one attacking the car in front. It's a perception I have of him from watching him race for the last decade and I haven't seen enough evidence to the contrary to yet change my mind.

I'm sorry pino, your man's one of the quickest guys out there over a single lap but over 70, he's lacking something. To keep it on-topic, Webber is just as quick over 1 lap but always seems to find problems in the race. Reliability problems, accidents and bad luck seem to dog him on race day. Webber, like Trulli, will need to reverse this trend if he is to be remembered for more than his heroics on Saturday afternoons.
    You didn't answer my question
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    more bad luck for Webber today.

looks like he is never gonna live up to his potential.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well he did manage an overtaking move at least, his move on Liuzzi was the only one I saw all race. Terrible track that is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Webber will get a reliable car....especially for Monaco...I think both Webber and Coulthard will finish in the points at Monaco.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    They say you have to make your own luck... but this race was just tough when he retired 8 laps in and his team-mate had no fuel flap issues or reliability problems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandiblard
    Well he did manage an overtaking move at least, his move on Liuzzi was the only one I saw all race. Terrible track that is.
    I think my coverage misssed that. Good move?
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bit hard to judge the guy when his car breaks after a handful of laps

i had a little wager with my dad saying that Webber's car will break within the first 10 laps. although i didnt want that to happen, at least i still made $5 out of my general misfortune

Will Webber become the greatest driver never to win a gp? thats whatim worried about...
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!