Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Montoya is learning. Give him time and he'll be at the front.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Juan Wanna Be seems to be heading in the wrong direction. He is now 801 points from the leader. I do wonder if he has learned anything so far this year.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Juan Wanna Be seems to be heading in the wrong direction. He is now 801 points from the leader. I do wonder if he has learned anything so far this year.
    Of course he has learned things this year. The reasons why has lost ground to the leaders include: difficult & short tracks, Hendricks domination, Car of Tommorow, etc.. Ganassi has yet never been a dominate force in NASCAR either.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hes is the ganassi driver with more points for now so that isn´t bad at all, the thing is that expectations where to high but he is doing good I think a top 20 in points this year is the objective, plus a win on an oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, Montoya will do fine. He always has. He was a race winner in Formula One (which is the pinnacle of auto racing), he embarrassed the CART crowd in his rookie year (and that was when CART/Champ Car mattered), and completely humiliated the IRL crowd at the 2000 Indy 500.

In NASCAR, he'll be a race winner this year, Rookie of the Year, and in the top 20 in points.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Montoya is doing just fine, but he has to learn the culture and patience you need to win at this level. As Lee Roy pointed out when they are fixing a wrecked car because of Montoya's "pride" maybe he will figure it out. NASCAR is different from every other form of racing for one basic reason: The races are long, you have no relief driver and the conditions cause every aspect of strategy to change on a lap by lap basis. When a crew chief wants a driver to lay back or conserve the car, he does it knowing that the race will likely be coming to them. Montoya has to put aside that f1/OW mentality of going the fastest all the time because in this form of racing, it usually doesn't work. He hasn't learned this entirely yet, although by his results, Parrott is getting through to him more than people think. Montoya no doubt was told patiently and quietly by Parrott after the race what was going on and why he was told what he was told. Juan will get there, and if he was on Hendricks, maybe we would have seen some near wins. This year is just a tough go with the COT coming in, adding to the learning curve, and yet Montoya is still in the top 20 in points and is not racing for an A level team. I would say that is pretty good. If any of you actually thought this guy was going to win 4 or 5 races and show the good ole boys what a racer is, you were dreaming. What Juan is doing like asking a softball pitcher to start pitching overhand, or a figure skater to all the sudden do pairs (stupid analogies I know). They may be the same "sport" but the disicpline and training are different. He is adapting damned fast, and I think if he stays in NASCAR, he will win races on ovals and he will be a threat to make the chase....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I agree, Mark. Clearly this is Juan's year to learn. And I think it's a helluva lot better to have a driver that you have to figure out how to slow down, than one you have to figure out how to speed up. I've heard the same thing about horses, so it must be true.

So far, he's well set to possibly capture Rookie of the Year (in Nextel Cup AND Busch!). Maybe he can snag a road course win. Who knows, maybe even a win on an oval. Personally, I think he's doing pretty well. I've liked him since his F3000 days, and I have no reason to stop now.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From Jayski:

Ganassi Busch Team Changes? hearing that Ganassi Racing Busch Series crew chiefs Brad Parrott [#42] and Brian Pattie [#41] are switching teams. Parrott will handle the crew chief duties for Reed Sorenson/David Stremme/Clauson (#41) and Pattie will move to the (#42) team with Juan Pablo Montoya and Kevin Hamlin.(5-17-2007)
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So it seems maybe Parrott is tired of the Latin Temperment. IF one thing will stop Montoya, it might be this attitude. I hope there isn't much to it. Pattie is a damned good crew chief, so maybe he can reach Juan in the heat of battle. Just the same, Brad Parrott isn't an idiot, I would be taking a lot of notes if I was Juan. The F1 prima donna act wont go over big in NASCAR if he keeps this up...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The F1 prima donna act wont go over big in NASCAR if he keeps this up...
    I dont think you can say that about Juan. Latin Temperment yes thats why he has so many fans because he says what he fells. prima donna i dont think so, hes passionate.