Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Magny Cours never was/is/will be a good circuit. The worst French grand prix circuit, and it's stayed on the calendar irritatingly long. The only problem that I have is if the new French GP circuit is worse than Magny Cours.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    With new races confirmed (or at least highly likely) in Valencia and Singapore, plus India and other countries hoping for a place on the F1 calendar, something's got to give.

Bernie's keen on a 20-race calendar, the teams are not so excited about the prospect, but it's likely that one or more of the current venues will soon lose their place in the schedule.

So which one would you drop?

The Hungaroring is the usual target for derision, but recently has produced a few good races. The same could be said of Mangy-Cours.

Mr E. is always looking for an excuse to gave a dig at Silverstone, so could the British GP be in danger?

Or, do you think the teams would ever support the idea of more than 20 races? Would you want that?
    Hey Dave! I just wonder if the inclusion and dropping of circuits in the future will hinge on income to the F1 organisation ie. Bernie and his Cohorts. I can see a huge interrest in F1 in the middle and far east. In fact, once the Chinese have figured out some way to gamble on it, they certainly will. I can also see a huge interest in the sport in India, and the rest of the sub continent.
    But does the inclusion of Valencia mean the axing of Barcelona? I supose the circuit in Barca is fairly close to the city itself and the land would fetch a high price for developers.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Magny Cours is already been replaced for next year hasn't it? No one can make any money from it. No one wants to run it and no one really wants to race there.

Silverstone is great and depending on the track conditions provides great racing. Bernie may complain about it all the time but maybe its because Silverstone and the BRDC can always get the race cheaper than all the other races due to its importance to teams, its history and its special status with the FIA. People always get concerned about the negotiations with the FIA and BRDC yet there is always a British GP...
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Before long the whole calendar will be in Asia. I find it a great shame that we are losing so many European races and taking the sport to areas in which it is not as popular.
    As for the future of the British Grand Prix, Bernie needs to care more about the F1 fans rather than the big bucks he can make. Silverstone has been a sell out for the past few years and the facilities (for the spectators anyway) compare favourably with many other circuits. Its time Bernie stepped down and actually let people that care about the sport make decisions.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    £99 for the weekend granted is an ok price, but its a roaming ticket, and if you can only make race day you have zero chance of seeing anything, as people with tents and deck chairs take all the viewing positions.

So if you only go on race day £99 is not such a great price for that specific ticket.

Parking, i went in 2003 and 2004 and it was hellish getting in and out.

Overtaking at Silverstone, for the last six years its been a procession from start to finish.

Video screens, if you sit in pit straight the screen is at the wrong angle, so all you see of the race is the cars going through pit straight, thats worth £199 for a ticket is'nt it.

Btw the new chicane at barcelona is a very very bad idea.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    They need to build a firtst class faciltiy in England to host an F1 race. IMO Silverstone is boring, outdated and uninspiring. England should take the lead and build something fantastic with speed length, and overtaking opportunities and most most most most most most most most most definitely keep Tilke away from the project.!!!!!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The British government won't throw any money towards what is widely perceived as a rich sport, so unless a private investor can be found who would be guaranteed a GP for at least 20 years you won't see any new venues built in the UK.

Compare and contrast with some of the more recent races. Almost every new circuit since Sepang has benefited from substantial state funding.

Silverstone aside, the only other UK track remotely capable of hosting F1 right now would be Donington, but it would require a multi-million pound investment which, again, I can't see taking place.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    £99 for the weekend granted is an ok price, but its a roaming ticket, and if you can only make race day you have zero chance of seeing anything, as people with tents and deck chairs take all the viewing positions.

So if you only go on race day £99 is not such a great price for that specific ticket.

Parking, i went in 2003 and 2004 and it was hellish getting in and out.

Overtaking at Silverstone, for the last six years its been a procession from start to finish.

Video screens, if you sit in pit straight the screen is at the wrong angle, so all you see of the race is the cars going through pit straight, thats worth £199 for a ticket is'nt it.

Btw the new chicane at barcelona is a very very bad idea.
    I'm sure you live on a different planet to me.

Granted the last 2 British Grand Prix's have been dull but over the last 10 years I would say its been one of the few GP's that has had consistantly good racing or eventful things happening.

£99 for general addmission isnt that bad. I remember the days when you used to pay £90 just to go on race day.

I agree with Carl though the traffic problems are almost gone sinse they opened the new bypass. It's taken me a hell of a lot longer to get in and out of Brands for BTCC than at the GP at Silverstone.

My vote to dump a track would of gone to Spa as the facilities were aweful. Dropping the race kicked them into action and hopefully this year it might be alot better.

Bernie always wants to dump Silverstone becuase he thinks the pits and garaged etc are aweful. As a fan I dont think the facilities are bad at all. Spa (before they upgraded this year) and Monza have miles worse facilities. Hockenheim is just weird as the only toilets are in the grandstands. I had to leave all my possessions with a Marshall just to be able to use a toiltet the rather than walk the mile or so back to the grandstand where I did have a ticket.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    please axe the usa gp, they dont care about it, they love Nascar too much.
    I don't get why people say US race fans don't care about F1. The US GP at Indy gets 120K+ spectators on race day, it may be fewer than the 200K spectators at Daytona but is more than double the attendance at Bahrain or Turkey
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Granted the last 2 British Grand Prix's have been dull but over the last 10 years I would say its been one of the few GP's that has had consistantly good racing or eventful things happening.
    Last year was worth the admission for the GP2 race alone
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!