Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    They should drop Barcelona (especially as we will already have another Spanish race on the calendar), but as the contract with Barcelona has been extended to 2016, it can only be a dream...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Barcelona is the only GP track I've been to thats been on a par with Silverstone for facilities.

I'm guessing Bernie is presuming that Alonso is going to be round for a good few years to come. Race tickets for Barcelona have increased roughly £60 from when I went in 2002. I dont think its the cheapest GP to go to but it still looks good value.

Germany has had two races for I dont know how many years but Hockeheim was never a sell out in the latter parts of his career especially when you compare it to his Benetton days. I suppose Spain has to make sure people still want to watch Alonso in a few years time, as it will be even harder to sell out two Grand Prix's.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Recent comments from Bernie indicate that Imola will not be returning to the schedule, and it would not surprise me if Magny Cours was dropped also. The organisers there appear to have some problems.

The pressure on the European venues will continue to grow, with ever more countries in Asia and the Middle East pitching for races. We will soon know how many of the traditional European races are as indispensable as they think they are.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Spa, as an example will charge you £105 per day for general admission.
    That's not correct. "Green Area" tickets are 100 eu for Sunday, or 120 eu for the whole weekend.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    IMHO, Bernie's track selection criteria is quite simple. Anyone country that is willing to come up with tons of cash and agreed to his cut throat unilateral agreement will have a deal. Afterall, Bernie's in his seventies and his priority is most likely to grab as much cash as possible before passing the whole mess back to the banks. Unfortunately, there are too many countries over in Asia & the Far East that are desperate enough to dish out the green just to put the country on the map. e.g. Sepang, Bahrain, Shanghai. And now we will have Singapore and even Korea & India joining the band wagon. The big question is will the new facility improve the motorsport industry in the local scene? I was in one of the asian gp recently & I was surprised half of the spectators are foreigners. it's is pity to have a fancy track hosting only one big event once a year and nothing much else.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!