Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well done Williams for an excellent Q1!
    Williams has made great progress this season. They have leapfrog Haas and Alfa Romeo. And they are in the mix with Renault and ahead of one Redbull with no rainfall in sight. Both Williams in Q2 suggest that they may have turned a corner and may be on the way back up the grid. Russell showed what a brilliant racer he is. He would be quite something in a competitive car. Lattifi was quite in the zone as well. The lone rookie shows he is a talent to watch.

But what happened to the Redbulls. Albons Redbull was all over the shop. It seemed to handle like a forklift truck. But Verstapenn showed why his is Redbull's future as he managed to get on top of the issue to ensure the car was in the top ten.

The Ferrari ran better at this track but are clearly well off the pace of the Mercedes. Even the Pink Mercedes was faster than them.

The battle for the championship hots up as Hamilton stamps an authoritative pole position on his 90th career pole and 8th Hungarian pole position, leaving Bottas with work to do tomorrow. Bottas has impressed me this season. He has shown that he is championship winning material in the right conditions, but Hamilton remains a tall benchmark.

Mclaren comes into this race, second in the constructors point table with Racing Point hard on their heels. It is going to be a facinating fight for 2nd and 3rd place in the constructors title as Racing Point ramps up their performance.

I think Redbull has a real fight on their hands from the midfield for the first time in years. To be fair, Racing Point is outside the midfield now, they are in the sharp end really.

But what do we really think of this copycat philosophy. I think it takes the Haas idea one step further. At least Haas designed their own chassis on their own. What do you think?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th July 2020 at 16:57.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare