Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
It is competitive advantage because single-car teams could not do that. Those are the majority of competitors.
This is why I suggested 1 van from the organisation that can carry 1 wheel/tyre for each crew. End of Last stage of loop only, and only available to each competitor once per rally and the tyre can only be used to drive the road section.Each competitor contributes a few € to the service of the van being available.
Let’s be honest, the situation is not happening all the time, so it is just a safety net to stop guys having to retire in a weird situation like happened with Tanak on this occasion. I’m not trying to fundamentally change rallying, but as regulations for driving on the road of have become more strict over the years, surely it’s not wrong to adjust the rules a little bit to help in this regard.
I think we can all agree we don’t want cars retired, we want them competing.
I’m not for one minute suggesting we should be allowing cars to be fixed that are smashed up, like Makinen in GB or similar...just if they don’t have 4 safe tyres available to drive the road section back to service.