Hybrid View

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kradovech View Post

I took part in 2 other "third-party" prediction websites last year, mainly for testing purposes. Both of them were also advertised on these forums as well. Although both were good, in my opinion they do not quite correspond to the needs of this community.
    May I ask what the needs of this community are? Maybe I can fulfill them?

Liked 467 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefdude View Post
    May I ask what the needs of this community are? Maybe I can fulfill them?
    Well, I am hardly a spokesperson for the enitre community, since I have freaquented these forums only for about 2 years. But I believe I have some idea why the migration didn't fully happen last year when no one wasn't handling it here yet. 2 main reasons in my eyes:

1. People want to compete with the people from the forums (Or friends or coworkers etc...). This could be achieved with a "group or league or whatever you want to call it". You would get a separate scoreboard with only the people from your group. Now that I am reading your webpage again, is that what your group function entails? If yes, then maybe you could explain it a bit more on the webpage, I assumed firstly that the group thing was only for the group competition.

2. A bigger problem, people are used to the system here and they simply won't bother creating a user elsewhere, where they might have to use a different name, remember a new password or god knows what other reason. The people that do join see that many others have not and they will drop out as well. Pretty much what happened a year ago. Not really sure what you could do about it.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but it is likely I will manage it here only for one more year. So unless someone else picks up that ball, next year may end up being skipped here and then a year after that people might be up for trying a new solution

For what its worth, I think overall you have good thing going on, I did a full season last year, and will probably do it again this year

3. Likes: Rallyper (14th January 2020)