Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So it very likely means it will be difficult to beat them on a regular basis.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Even Alonso is quoted saying that McLaren will find it very hard to catch Ferrari, but no one seems to care about that!
    Perhaps because this thread is about Fisi and Renault. Ferrari v McLaren is being debated energetically elsewhere!
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Rules out podiums? I think he still might get an odd podium somewhere. From Jordan and Benetton days Fisi was known as a guy, who in changeable conditions often somehow managed to get to the front to finish on podium even in mediocre machinery. If once comes a race, when it starts to rain, then this might happen again!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Rules out podiums? I think he still might get an odd podium somewhere. From Jordan and Benetton days Fisi was known as a guy, who in changeable conditions often somehow managed to get to the front to finish on podium even in mediocre machinery. If once comes a race, when it starts to rain, then this might happen again!
    What Fisi said:

"This Renault was born badly. Of course nothing can be ruled out in F1, not even winning with this car, but I don't think I'll be back on the podium in 2007."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58645

So he is not being pessimistic, just plain realistic.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    You've got to feel sorry for the guy haven't you. Two years alongside Alonso, then...at last...team leader in a championship winning team...Then the '07 car turns out to be a bit of a dud Fisi never seems to be in the right place at the right time.
    he had his chance in 2005, even if Renault rated Alonso very high, everyone tought Fisi had the better chances.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think Fisi had a good car last year also. Something went wrong with his relationship with Flav as well as the team which added to his miseries last year. His petulance during misfortunes with the car didn't help.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fishi is not and never was a top driver in F1 , the last two years he could not even keep pace with Alonso , they had the same car .....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber
    Fishi is not and never was a top driver in F1 , the last two years he could not even keep pace with Alonso , they had the same car .....
    In the F1 world, and particularly Falvios world, some things are more " the same" than others.

Just ask Jarno Trulli.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well there's no point expecting things beyond the car's capability, best to just be honest and work hard that's all. I see nothing wrong with his statement... I know it's not what people want to hear, but it's the way it is. Perhaps it also takes the pressure off him though.. and maybe provides an excuse for poor performances :S
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I have noticed that if quite recently several guys wanted to see Montoya, Villeneuve or Webber instead of Fisichella at Renault, then by now that kind of attitude has disappeared. This means that now fans of those mentioned drivers are not envious to Fisi for filling a seat in a top team, because the team doesn't look like a top team any more and there is no wish to see their fav. driver struggling in that mediocre car.